Re: Pearls and dry cleaning

  • skyecatuk
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 27, 2002
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Gwendoline Rosamond <dameg@a...> wrote:
      > <snip> However, as far as cleaning goes - you shouldn't
      > need to clean the entire outer garment if you are wearing the
      correct
      > layers, except for spot cleaning.

      Well, that's good to know, anyway. I think I'm going to do one or
      both of them with a train, like a proper court gown (my test piece is
      a round gown, however. So I'm guessing I will have to clean at least
      the bottom of the skirt fairly regularly. I guess I could gently hand
      wash just the base, though.

      > If you really have to clean your garment, I would suggest removing
      > all the pearls first. You might want to attach them to guards if
      you think
      > you are going to have to do that.

      Now I was considering that - what do people use to hold the strips of
      fabric taut? I have an embroidery hoop, but thought this would leave
      too big a gap where the fabrics held taught, unless you fill those
      bits in with pearls at the end. Any tips or tricks?

      Lisa