Re: Date for this painting?

  • skyecatuk
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 27, 2002
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "E House" <sig-sauer@c...> wrote:
      > Yeah, that's yet another of those frustrating portraits that only
      show the dress from the waist up (or in one case, show her full
      length, but kneeling in front of something that covers up the front
      of her skirt). Did I mention argh? But anyway I have plenty of
      documentation for the rest... it's just that darn slit. I'd ignore
      it, except that it's on soooo many non-contemporary images of her
      that I'm convinced it stems from SOMETHING. And it looks cool, and I
      want to do it, and I've been looking for it so long that I'm
      determined. (I don't have to find the slit on a portrait of her. I'd
      settle for anyone, anywhere c1490-1520.)

      Some brasses?

      Hope's site has a few things that are sorta slitty. But wrong
      country, of course....

      http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/tudor/

      Lisa