Question...

  • Steven Proctor
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2002
      www.booksforscholars.com

      Has anyone any experience with this site? They have a book a friend of
      mine is looking for, but we have no idea whether they are 'real' or
      not...

      Ta

      Morgan
      --
      It's 6:15, she thought, and the newspaper should be here by now, then
      she opened her door and realized with disgust that the paper boy was
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2002
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
        > www.booksforscholars.com

        yes -- they are *EXCELLENT*. I have been ordering from them for
        about 5 years. They have most of the early (and a great deal of
        modern) Welsh and Irish material in print, and are increasingly
        listing Scotish material as well. They don't do credit card orders
        on-line -- just ship & expect a check in 30 days :)

        They also will special order material from University of Wales Press
        (and presumably other places).

        Guernen
      • Steven Proctor
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 21, 2002
          Great, thanks!

          Ta

          Morgan

          gwernin wrote:

          > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
          > > www.booksforscholars.com
          >
          > yes -- they are *EXCELLENT*. I have been ordering from them for
          > about 5 years. They have most of the early (and a great deal of
          > modern) Welsh and Irish material in print, and are increasingly
          > listing Scotish material as well. They don't do credit card orders
          > on-line -- just ship & expect a check in 30 days :)
          >
          > They also will special order material from University of Wales Press
          > (and presumably other places).
          >
          > Guernen
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          It's 6:15, she thought, and the newspaper should be here by now, then
          she opened her door and realized with disgust that the paper boy was
          still in her bedroom.
        • tigurgurl03
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8 2:37 PM
            Could anyone give me any good reference sites for masks and fans used
            in period? Thanks everyone

            Catherine Vallemont
          • Juliana Taper
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9 3:30 PM
              Catherine,

              You may want to check out Bella's website at renaissanceitaly.net. She has
              a link to her "sister" website The Realm of Venus in the upper right
              header.

              HTH,

              Juliana