Piecing bad? was Re: Medieval Tailoring book?

  • kass1013
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2002
      > Naah, the clone would just do all the boring mundane stuff like
      grade
      > papers, go to credential classes, and clean the house; it can just
      > wear jeans and sweaters.
      >
      > That way, I could have time to sew, and embroider, and weave, and
      > spin, and cook, and do research, and write, and, and, and...

      Ah... You, Maud, need a staff.

      I asked for one for Christmas. Bob said he couldn't fit them in the
      box. I'm not sure I believe him...

      Kass
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
        At 04:49 PM 2/28/2002 -0600, you wrote:
        >I looked at the instructions and saw you were just folding the fabric in
        >half and cutting out wedges. So much wasted fabric! I sat down, did a
        >quickie diagram, and figured I will be able to do it with fabric to spare!

        Way to go! If more people did this, there would be a lot less belief in
        the "I need 10 yards of fabric to make a cothardie" myth. You rock, for
        being sensible and bright!

        Smiles,
        Despina