Re: Sideless surcoat

  • dtjacobson
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2002
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Zohra Rawling <zisaac@f...> wrote:
      > oh it is just gorgeous!!!!
      >

      > I absolutely love it!!!!!!
      >

      > *dreamy sigh*
      >

      > Ysabella
      >
      > back to packing books *sniff*

      Thanks, everybody. 8-) I was a little concerned about making a
      sideless surcoat (since I'm not particularly svelte), but I think I
      manage to look half-way decent.

      Jehanne, the trick for white dresses is to wear them only indoors,
      and make them out of linen. This one gets treated the same as a linen
      tablecloth: pretreat any dirt/stains (the hem is usually black from
      the dirt), then hot water, soap and bleach. Once it's washed and
      ironed, it should look good once again.

      I try not to make things that have to be drycleaned, because my 2
      favorite dry cleaners are 400 miles away; if anybody knows of a
      decent, inexpensive (less than $10 to clean simple garments like
      cyclas) dry cleaners in the SF Bay Area (or even Sacramento), please
      let me know. Otherwise, I'll keep taking my stuff down to L.A. when I
      go there.

      Maud