Introductions was: Religious befuddlement

  • Aaron Miedema
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2002
      Alrighty

      I'm not sure I formally introduced myself.... but for those who are
      interested, here is the long version....

      Aarons Story.....

      Euhm.... on and off again member since 1990.... in my ealry days I was
      one of the founding members of Skeldergate.... This was when I was doing
      my B.A. in Theatre Studies.... Renaissance Theatre Architecture was my
      unofficial speacialty.....

      And more acurately....

      Rose Theatre, London
      Treatro Olympico, Viacenza
      Teatrum Tectum, Pompeii

      Although my specialty moved into all things Renaissance Theatre and then all
      things Renaissance as I ran my own historical reinactment theatre
      company.... The Renaissance Stage Company.... a hyper authentic
      theatrical company that did plays of the period as they would have been done
      in the period....

      Everything from Machiavelli to Moliere.... Kyd, Middleton, Webster, Rowley,
      Heywood, Ford, and unfortunately some Shakespeare to make a little money now
      and again.

      Forced me to learn about and put into practice everything about Renaissance
      Theatre and Stage Craft, Fencing, 16th C Costuming, A Smattering about
      Corsetry even.... Not many men can brag that.... then again not alot of
      men get the chance usually.... I was in a madrigal choir for two years....
      Dance here and there....

      And of course then History gets in your way so you start to look at anything
      16th C.

      And of course I'm the kind of person who loves minutiae.... So pouring
      over 16th C acts of parliament to me is a hoot and my idea of a good
      time....

      All of this and dealing with the egos and personalities that go along with
      the theatre....

      So as a result I am honest to the point of brash and brash to the point of
      being tactless.... Those who don't like it don't have to pay attention....
      As a result I am kind of known as a loud mouth and a boat rocker down my
      way....

      But I figure the ability to have an opinion isn't really worth much if you
      don't take it for a walk every so often....

      Well I did that on an amateur basis for nine years.... before it just kind
      of gave up the ghost....

      Now I work as a Dishwasher, Machinist and a Semi Professional Actor in the
      thriving metropolis of Kingston, ON.

      Archibald Weatherford III - Originally from 1465, I was one of the first men
      to start wearing tights in this neck of the woods.... Not really the first,
      but the one of the first to do it and not be percieved as sleazy..... And
      fear you not, today I still keep the faith.

      I was MoA/S and Chronicaller at Skeldergate, Helped found Skeldergate, Found
      and Documented the Name Skeldergate, Ran a Theatre Company with Betram of
      the Loose Tongue--"The Perfect Play of the Proper Way to Please Peerage" was
      one of our hits--amongst other things.....

      He story is that he is from Yorkshire but his father dropped a large chunk
      of cash and sent him away to Italy where he would be less of a nusciance....

      However, my tastes have become more varied and so I have a habit of wearing
      anything 16th C and thus has been spotted Archibald Weatherford III (1465),
      V (1520), VI (1565), VII (1600), and even VIII (1630).... And heavens even
      Erkenbalt (1070) a Saxon - Norman Mercenary, but I don't let that get spread
      around too far....

      The Landsknecht Erkenbalt is something I have been contemplating for several
      years now.....

      Bertoldo Pedrolino - A disaster waiting to happen he was, completely
      Serendipitous and now he wont go away.... And at times I really wish he
      would.... Dona Elanor De Grismonte was going to the Baronial 12th Night
      last year, and had a newer member L'fja (or something like that)--a woman
      who started viking and then saw the importance of being 16th C....
      unfortunately her name hadn't quite caught up with her.... Anyway....
      There was an A&S persona challenge, which she was entered in and is why she
      had the ward.... 2 days before 12th Noght Dona Elanor had an extra space
      at the feast and in the car up so she suggested that I come along.... And
      so we fell to musing about what I could do to help the entry and the
      entourage.... A servant obviously..... Ah but what should be the servants
      story? Ay theres the rub...

      After a bottle of wine and brain storming while we Madly pinned the viking's
      Tudor gown I fell upon this obnoxious high pitched Italian accent based off
      of a waiter from work Named Giovanni.... He remembers the Americans
      landing at Salerno in 1943.... Anyway....

      So I have a Neopolitan with an obnoxious accent.... and is a servant....

      Can anyone say ZANNI!

      So out I trotted the name Pedrolino from my Theatre History Study....

      And this fit wonderfully with Dona Elanor's persona as her Husband was
      killed in Italy in 1521, so.... out popped the slogan.... "My husband
      went off to war and all I got was this stupid servant!"

      and with that he was launched upon the world....

      And it might have been left at that and a joke well played, but then the
      fates intervened.....

      And whilst sitting at feast.... right front and centre in front of head
      table, I asked for the mushrooms..... Now poor Pedrolino had been left to
      guard L'fja's virtue as Dona Elanor was called upto head table.... so in a
      moment distraction the mushroom basket packed in wax paper passed over a
      candel as I hankie flogged an over assertive gentlemen off the well
      cleavaged viking....

      And POOF!!!! Flaming Mushrooms.... Its become somewhat a legend around
      here.... But what made this more interesting of course was the fact I was
      so flumoxed that I never left character and sat there expounding loudly as I
      grabbed a tankard....

      empty....

      So I grabbed the next....

      empty....

      So I grabbed the next....

      three drops....

      So I grab the brass pitcher....

      And finally the flames are sqwelched by the deluge....

      And so the legend was born....

      And his ultimate revenge was that after three events of expounding loudly in
      an outrageous accent, and setting a basket of mushrooms a light in nine
      months he got the AoA Archibald had not gotten in 10 and half years of
      dutiful service.....

      DOOH!

      Dona Elanor, has now become Dona "Plomopie" (Spanish for Lead Foot), in
      period terms it refers to her punishment of Pedrolino--being so dumb as he
      is--and mundanely to her offensive drving style....

      This help?

      Aaron / Archibald / Pedrolino