Rowena

  • Jeanne Harney
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2002
      From: "Sarah Michele Ford" <sarah@...>

      > On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil wrote:
      >
      > > Okay, so I'm just back from the weekend and hit the send off button
      too
      > > fast.... now noticeing that Jamie has told us much more. Welcome.
      > >
      > > Smiles,
      > > Despina
      > >
      > > What about Rowena?

      Ro is mine. She got me into the SCA. I've known her for a zillion
      years. She SAYS she's not into authenticity. She SAYS she is only in
      this for the fun. She has enough research on romani culture and
      practices to write a CA, and I'm encouraging her to do this. She has
      built a 40-some person Household which is doing amazing things. She was
      the "other researcher" who brought all the illegalities of the charter
      to light with me, and she's completely conversant in Midrealm law and
      Corpora. She hasn't done much in the way of "good fabrics" in her garb,
      though she's an accomplished seamstress, but I'm dragging her, kicking
      and screaming, over to the dark side, by giving her gifts of linen and
      silk that she can't resist. She wears heinous garb that everyone in our
      local area complains about till she hauls out documentation and forces
      them to realize that she's right.
      She knows a whole lot of important people, and has been in the Society
      for 10 years, I think, making her one of the "old-timers" in our area.
      Other than Romani research, she is a calligrapher and illuminator, and I
      just showed her that she knows Norse fingerloop braiding well enough to
      teach it (she thought it was toe-weaving a la hippie-chick)
      She also does a lot of service at local events, autocratting several,
      and is really good at getting stuff done.
      We'll keep her.

      Jeanne