Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: The finished dress

  • Laurie Hupman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
      Yup, Herjolfsnes No. 39. They've become my very
      favoritist clothes patterns of late; I think 5 of the
      last six outfits I've made over the last year have
      been based on these patterns. Santiago usually wears
      H. 63, although in deference to his comfort level,
      it's ankle length and buttoned all the way to his
      shins with no gap. I just love that tricked-out
      sleeve <g>.

      A friend gave me several yards of really neat green &
      cream linen for 12th Night, and since I'm just coming
      off a rather hectic year, I decided to spend the time
      and sew the dress up by hand.

      It's the first time in years that I haven't had to
      complete an outfit for a specific event, and I wanted
      to wallow in not having a deadline. As I got close to
      having it finished, Santiago started to look a little
      startled at my not having a last minute attack of
      frustration. I offered to leave the neck facing until
      the car ride to March Crown, in order to make him feel
      better.

      Rose

      --- kass1013 <historian@...>

      http://auctions.yahoo.com