Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Religion

  • stephen higa
    Message 1 of 62 , Mar 1, 2001
      > Personally, with regard to gentles like Moshe and Robert, and any others
      > with ecclesiastical or devout personae, I say "bravo!" Keep it up! I would
      > love to see more of this, especially something like selling fake relics and
      > indulgences, it would be great fun (especially when a powerful lord was
      > swindled...)

      Thanks! I'm glad you appreciate our efforts. :)

      > I was bailed up on the road by a neo (pseudo) pagan in goth dress, laden
      > with facial metal and crystal necklaces and a pentagram about two inches
      > wide, who shouted in my face that my cross was "offensive to the pagan
      > brothers and sisters" and that I should remove it at once.

      Oh, wail! I am SO sorry about that. Not only is that ridiculous, it's also
      in poor taste. And (I know, preaching to the choir) how can a cross
      POSSIBLY be offensive??

      > (and more than once has the call to prayer
      > rang out at dawn).

      Oh, that would be it for me. That would be a magic moment, for sure. Ah,
      sigh...

      Oooh...who has some delicious "magic moments" to share? :)

      Moshe
      Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
      menhs en cort que de belh saber
      de trobar -- qu'auzir e vezer
      hi vol hom mais captenhs leugiers
      e critz mesclatz ab dezonor.

      --Guiraut Riquier, 1292

      ----------

    • stephen higa
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 7, 2001
        > It was indeed magical...well, up until a boot came flying out the tent of
        > someone with a hangover and hit the caller!
        >
        > Allaaaaahu akb- ow! :o)

        no, really??

        Okay, I'm going to try it at the next event. Of course, I'll have to wake
        up at dawn, but there you go.

        I don't have a Muslim persona, but no one will know who it is, they'll just
        hear it ringing out. I hope to create "magic moments" for people by doing
        that, especially the Muslim personae who just might follow the summons and
        kneel to face Mecca in prayer.