Gulf Wars

  • Carolle M Cox
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 28, 2002
      Hey, it's not my business, but i have to ask: Who-all's going to Gulf War?
      I'm thinking of a small gathering at our camp for those who are, so i can
      'eyeball' you all just once. . . . . . .

      And, Despina, no insult taken. It's always good to learn new things.
      Wonder where the term 'remove' came from to replace 'course'?? I know they
      use it at King Henry's Feast in Orlando (evil grin).

      Gerita, still sewing madly
    • Kate Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2002
        Gerita sez:

        > Hey, it's not my business, but i have to ask: Who-all's going to Gulf War?
        > I'm thinking of a small gathering at our camp for those who are, so i can
        > 'eyeball' you all just once. . . . . . .

        NMy lord and I will be going, camping with the East Kingdom, and doing
        a semi-period camp (due to the restrictions on ground fires we're
        using a propane stove, but it won't be showing most of the time...)

        I'd love to meet some of the folks I haven't met yet. :)

        Kat'ryna
        --
        Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
        kate@... | and that's how everything landed...
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 28, 2002
          > Hey, it's not my business, but i have to ask: Who-all's going to Gulf War?
          > I'm thinking of a small gathering at our camp for those who are, so i can
          > 'eyeball' you all just once. . . . . . .

          I hope to be there, I'll know for certain in a few days. I'd like to meet you folks in person too!

          -Ginevra
          Trimaris
        • Brigit
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2002
            At 04:58 PM 1/28/02 -0500, you wrote:
            >Gerita sez:
            > >
            > > Hey, it's not my business, but i have to ask: Who-all's going to Gulf War?

            Anyone who is attending Gulf War, please wander down to the Early Period
            Life class area, aka Bastermark encampment. We are in the process of
            building a long hall, have the smithy functioning, will have the Icelandic
            house up (probably the last year for this model) and hope the bread oven
            will work this year (model 2... we have learned to avoid the local clay!)

            Brigit Olesdottir
            Meridies
          • Carolle M Cox
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
              Forgive the cross-post here.

              We're doing a pot-luck after-dinner gathering for this list, and SCA Garb on
              Tuesday of Gulf Wars week. In Ansteorra, at the Arkham/Steppes Encampment.
              Who's coming, please???

              Gerita

            • Carolle M Cox
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
                Nobody Else going to Gulf but me and Kat'ryna???

                Gerita

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 12 6:15 AM
                  Please excuse the cross-post, but i'm too excited to type this out five
                  times!

                  For those of you planning to attend Gulf Wars in March, Now is the time to
                  request a date and space for 'group meetings'. So who hopes to go, and what
                  night is best for you??

                  Gerita,
                  thrilled with the Gulf announcements!

                  What is outside yourself does not convey much worth; clothes do not make the
                  man, the saddle not the horse.
                  - Angelius Silesius
                • Zhara
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 28, 2011
                    Greetings.

                    For several years now, I have been getting online about this time of year to encourage you to sign up to present or teach at Gulf Wars. My particular area of emphasis is Al Mahala, the classroom section of Gulf Wars that has alternately been called the "Non-European" or "Middle Eastern" classrooms, but we of course include many places in Europe (Andalusian Spain, just one example) as well as far eastern locales as well.

                    This year is a bit different. For starters, I don't want you to send me your class information.

                    Nope. Don't send it to me. One sign of fabulous growth at Gulf Wars is the new online class registration form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dHdqc0lZVW52YjhEV09HYndqamY3LXc6MA#gid=0

                    If that link doesn't work, just visit the Gulf Wars site (www.gulfwars.org - www dot gulfwars dot org)

                    Not only can you find out all about this event, reserve your tenting spot and read about the many interesting happenings onsite, but you can also choose the Activities tab, the Arts & Sciences choice on it's menu, and then finally, the Classes choice on that sub-menu. It will take you right to the class sign-up information.

                    Second change -please welcome my deputy to the Al Mahala staff, Majda Anwar. You will see more of her than of me this year as she takes over the position, and I know you will find her to be a wonderful addition. Majda comes to us with previous class scheduling experience from Pennsics War, and she may have already contacted some of you to talk about GW2012.

                    Wishing everyone the best for the new year, contact any or all of us via the Al Mahala Yahoo Group (see below)

                    Humbly and In Service,
                    THL Zhara um Nikko, OSL
                    Al Mahala Scheduler Akabou
                    Apprentice to Mistress Edwina Dirks Sterne
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gulfwaral-mahala/