Re: Religion

  • Mark Calderwood
    Message 1 of 62 , Mar 1, 2001
      >A cookbook might well be a good way to get people to try something new. I
      >have been working on putting together a list of exactly when which foods
      >became known to the old world from the new, and if any one is interested let
      >me know as I have a few of them done now. Some are in period from 1490's to
      >the 1500's and could be incorporated. Others were not brought over until
      >the 1600's and 1700's.

      I'd be very interested in seeing this Kateline, I've recently gotten into
      period cooking in a big way. :o) Btw, do you know if the Belgian dish
      called waterzooi poulet dates back to period?

      Giles
    • stephen higa
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 7, 2001
        > It was indeed magical...well, up until a boot came flying out the tent of
        > someone with a hangover and hit the caller!
        >
        > Allaaaaahu akb- ow! :o)

        no, really??

        Okay, I'm going to try it at the next event. Of course, I'll have to wake
        up at dawn, but there you go.

        I don't have a Muslim persona, but no one will know who it is, they'll just
        hear it ringing out. I hope to create "magic moments" for people by doing
        that, especially the Muslim personae who just might follow the summons and
        kneel to face Mecca in prayer.

        Moshe
        Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
        menhs en cort que de belh saber