Re: [Authentic_SCA] Uh, oh. This may be bad

  • Jeanne Harney
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2002
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Danielle Nunn-Weinberg" <dannw@...>

      > All I can say is good luck and I hope it doesn't turn into a major
      > flare? What are Soma and Vicodin, I haven't heard of those...
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Gwendoline (who spent most her holidays in a drugged stupor due to a
      FMS
      > flare-up).

      Soma is the newest greatest muscle relaxer. Makes Flexeril look like
      tylenol. Vicodin is a pain pill roughly equivalent to 2 Tylenol 4, a
      synthetic codeine. It's my typical medication protocol for a flare, and
      I take a LOT because I've been taking them for a while now...but
      switching involves moving me to Schedule 4 drugs, which my doctor isn't
      willing to do at the moment...

      Jeanne
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2002
        At 01:14 AM 1/3/2002 -0500, you wrote:
        Damn.  It appears that I'm starting a major fibromyalgia flare.

        I've got my hopes up for you.... after all, since I can't go I hope as many others can as possible.  Besides, you can't miss the chance to look *that* good!

        Wishing you health,
        Smiles,
        Despina
      • Carolle M Cox
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2002
          It's the cold, Jeanne. Mine's flaring a bit, too, but so far i've been able
          to work through it = until just now, when my back started in. Drat it!
          Which 12th Night are you going to Saturday?? We'll be at Steppes, in
          Ansteorra. . .

          Gerita

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2002
            Vicodin is Hydrocodone with something added. Good pain relief, if
            short-lived. Soma? Not sure. I'll look it up if you like.

            Gerita

            > All I can say is good luck and I hope it doesn't turn into a major
            > flare? What are Soma and Vicodin, I haven't heard of those...
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Gwendoline (who spent most her holidays in a drugged stupor due to a FMS
            > flare-up).
            >
            > At 01:14 AM 1/3/2002 -0500, you wrote:
            > >Damn. It appears that I'm starting a major fibromyalgia flare. This
            > >SUCKS. If so, I won't be able to even stand sitting in the car long
            > >enough to get to 12th night on Saturday. What am I going to do? I have
            > >garb almost all done, except for some handwork (which if I AM flaring, I
            > >won't be able to finish, and it's on baroque satin, so I can't machine
            > >stitch it....)
            > >I hope I'll be better...but I've taken 6 Soma and 10 Vicodin today and
            > >my arm won't work...
            > >
            > >Jeanne
            > >NOT amused.
            > >"English doesn't borrow from other languages - English follows other
            > >languages down dark alleys, knocks them over and goes through their
            > >pockets for loose grammar." -- Anonymous
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Danielle Nunn-Weinberg
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2002
              Thanks. I'm finding really different drugs are available in this country
              compared to Canada. I just got given "ultram" to try so we'll see how that
              goes.

              Anyway, back to an SCA related topic - tell us more about the gown you're
              hoping to finish.

              Cheers,
              Gwendoline

              At 01:27 AM 1/3/2002 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]
            • Danielle Nunn-Weinberg
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2002
                Greetings,

                Making shirts is one of the topics that comes up with some frequency on
                list is hot to make an Elizabethan shirt. I just found this website and
                had to share. I think it has some of the best instructions I've seen on
                the web for making a shirt.

                http://home.earthlink.net/~magdlena/shirt/index.html

                Cheers,
                Gwendoline
              • Jeanne Harney
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2002
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 3, 2002
                    Stretch, keep warm, think positive, Jeanne. It still may happen. If so,
                    wear the dress incomplete. It'll give people something to watch for at
                    events to come.

                    Carolle/Gerita

                    > > It's the cold, Jeanne. Mine's flaring a bit, too, but so far i've
                    > been able
                    > > to work through it = until just now, when my back started in. Drat
                    > it!
                    > > Which 12th Night are you going to Saturday?? We'll be at Steppes, in
                    > > Ansteorra. . .
                    > >
                    > > Gerita
                    >
                    > Midrealm Kingdom...it doesn't look good. I think it's Ysse's fault.
                    > We've tried to get together at an event for over a year now...<G>
                    >
                    > Jeanne
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • Zohra Rawling
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 3, 2002

                      > Midrealm Kingdom...it doesn't look good. I think it's Ysse's fault.
                      > We've tried to get together at an event for over a year now...<G>
                      >
                      > Jeanne

                      LOL!

                      yeah it just never works out!

                      and I had a scare myself! I thought I had an ear infection and was at the
                      urgent care tonight (whining all the way about my dress and 12th night)

                      but I seem to be ok and just needed an ultra decongestant.

                      LOL

                      sigh...

                      Ysabella
                    • neimhaille
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
                        > Damn. It appears that I'm starting a major fibromyalgia flare.
                        This
                        > SUCKS.

                        If you don't mind one from a stranger, *hug*.
                        I've just come out of a major Rhuematoid Arthritis flare, so I'm
                        sympathising with you so much I'm holding back tears.

                        I went to the Bloth (Ildhafn)last year on Tramal (a painkiller that
                        works on the brain's respose, not an anti-inflamatory for those who
                        aren't familiar) and high doses of brufen. So I was quite out of it.

                        So I am thinking of you, empathising and willing the pills to work
                        for you.

                        michaela

                        *those tinned liquid meals were an interesting change of diet for
                        me...
                        a little explanaition of what I mean by major (and my initial flare):
                        I couldn't wash, change clothes or eat because of the pain in every
                        joint from my jaw to my toes*. It was not even only between joints,
                        but the connective tissues over and around joints, so I would tear
                        fibres just rolling over in bed. How I managed to get through, I do
                        not know, and there was a day where i would have ended things, had I
                        not been able toseek help.
                      • rowen_g
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
                          Very sympathetic and careful hugs to you both. (oh, OW) The very
                          persistant "crick" in my neck (pinched nerve?) doesn't seem so bad by
                          comparison.

                          Rowen

                          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "neimhaille" <vcairistiona@h...> wrote:
                          > > Damn. It appears that I'm starting a major fibromyalgia flare.
                          > This
                          > > SUCKS.
                          >
                          > If you don't mind one from a stranger, *hug*.
                          > I've just come out of a major Rhuematoid Arthritis flare, so I'm
                          > sympathising with you so much I'm holding back tears.

                          <snips>
                        • Jeanne Harney
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 4, 2002
                            > > Damn. It appears that I'm starting a major fibromyalgia flare.
                            > This
                            > > SUCKS.
                            >
                            > If you don't mind one from a stranger, *hug*.
                            > I've just come out of a major Rhuematoid Arthritis flare, so I'm
                            > sympathising with you so much I'm holding back tears.

                            I never mind hugs from anyone...thanks! And also for the sympathy.
                            It's not happening. I won't be there. Dammit. Ohwell...my House is
                            having THEIR 12th night on Jan 19, so I guess I'll wear my stuff there.

                            Jeanne