Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Just sharing a moment of my insanity.....

  • Steven Proctor
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
      wodeford wrote:

      > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
      > > I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI
      >
      > Wow. That makes moving to California to live with Gaius seem almost -
      > well, sane.

      Nonsense. Despite my utter devastation at loosing you to the West, ma
      chere, going to be with the good Vicomte is one of the sanest things you
      could do, and really the only answer to the situation... :-) I weep for
      your going O pearl of my heart, but wish you all fortune and joy....

      > Morgan, I know you will rise to the occasion with all the style at
      > your command.

      LOL. In between the fits of raging mania and blind fury, I'm sure.

      Ta

      Morgan

      ...I'm gonna have a golf cart. Think on that and know fear...

      --
      "I could tell you stories about this road we shall be traveling," the
      old man told his young companions as he leaned on his staff and stroked
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
        Carolle M Cox wrote:

        > Thinking? Hmmmmmm.

        I know, I know. It was a silly question. If I'd *really* been thinking I
        would have gone with my first reaction, which was to roll off my chair
        laughing, screaming 'Are You Stoned?' at the top of my not
        inconsiderable voice... :-D

        > Congratulations, honestly, Morgan. From what i've observed of Pennsic
        >
        > Higher- Ups, they've a bad habit of choosing the most qualified for
        > the job
        > pretty routinely - which looks great on your banner, you know. . . .

        Hmmm. Things to bear in mind... :-) Seriously, though, I think it will
        go OK. It's a big job, though, and I'm approaching it with some
        trepidation.

        > My husband's a field Herald. If i beg hard enough, maybe he'd be
        > willing to
        > volunteer should you need extra staff.

        Help is always appreciated. There's a lot of running around to be done,
        and a lot of guiding and prodding. Basically a lot of the job is cat
        herding. Only the cats have crowns and armies... :-) Anyone who want's
        to help with that is more than welcome to give me a shout. I'd love to
        have it...

        Ta

        Morgan

        --
        "I could tell you stories about this road we shall be traveling," the
        old man told his young companions as he leaned on his staff and stroked
        his silver beard, "of how it was built by Dwarves of the Barad-dur in
        the days of Thranduil the Great, numberless years before the Elves of
        the Ered Luin left their silver woods in Lindon, sailed their ships over
        the Western Sea, and passed from the knowledge of men, but what would
        you learn from these tales, except that I squandered my college years
        reading far too much Tolkien instead of meeting girls."
      • Rosine
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
          > Help is always appreciated. There's a lot of running around to be done,
          > and a lot of guiding and prodding. Basically a lot of the job is cat
          > herding. Only the cats have crowns and armies... :-) Anyone who want's
          > to help with that is more than welcome to give me a shout. I'd love to
          > have it...
          >
          > Ta
          >
          > Morgan

          I'll be doing my own herding, but drop by the Troll booth any time for a
          cold (or hot, as needed) drink and a munchie...

          Rosine
        • wodeford
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
            --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
            > Nonsense. Despite my utter devastation at loosing you to the West,
            > ma chere, going to be with the good Vicomte is one of the sanest
            > things you could do, and really the only answer to the
            > situation...
            Hmmm, one wonders how good your spy network is after a comment like
            that.

            > I weep for your going O pearl of my heart, but wish you all fortune
            > and joy....
            Thanks. Besides, we'll always have e-mail.

            > ...I'm gonna have a golf cart. Think on that and know fear...
            Ooooh baby, a man with WHEELS! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

            Jehanne
          • Steven Proctor
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
              wodeford wrote:

              > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
              > > Nonsense. Despite my utter devastation at loosing you to the West,
              > > ma chere, going to be with the good Vicomte is one of the sanest
              > > things you could do, and really the only answer to the
              > > situation...
              > Hmmm, one wonders how good your spy network is after a comment like
              > that.

              Hah! My spies are everywhere! Mwahahahaha!!! I even know about the...
              well, nevermind. :-D

              > > I weep for your going O pearl of my heart, but wish you all fortune
              > > and joy....
              > Thanks. Besides, we'll always have e-mail.

              Doesn't quite have the ring of Paris, though, does it? :-/

              > > ...I'm gonna have a golf cart. Think on that and know fear...
              > Ooooh baby, a man with WHEELS! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

              Intermittently, at least. Apparently I don't get one full time. Not like
              I intend to use it all that much. Quite frankly I find the profusion of
              golf carts at the war in recent years to be a major annoyance, and it
              seems that even the Second Undersecretary of Extremely Useless Tasks
              *needs* a cart to get around in... It really damages the feel of the
              event for me.

              Ah, well.

              Ta

              Morgan

              --
              "I could tell you stories about this road we shall be traveling," the
              old man told his young companions as he leaned on his staff and stroked
              his silver beard, "of how it was built by Dwarves of the Barad-dur in
              the days of Thranduil the Great, numberless years before the Elves of
              the Ered Luin left their silver woods in Lindon, sailed their ships over
              the Western Sea, and passed from the knowledge of men, but what would
              you learn from these tales, except that I squandered my college years
              reading far too much Tolkien instead of meeting girls."
            • alphasarah
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                > I'm not quite sure how I ended up agreeing to this...
                >
                > I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI
                >
                > Wheeeeee.................
                >
                > Ta
                >
                > Morgan
                >
                > ...WHAT was I Thinking...

                <points>
                Ha-ha!
                </points>

                I'm sure my Lord's offer of help stands for the War as well, assuming
                we make it this year.

                Alianor, back online
              • Steven Proctor
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                  I'm sure I'd love to have his help, if he's going to be there. The more
                  the merrier..

                  Ta

                  Morgan

                  ...Heralds Point ... Sometimes they point and laugh...

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                    > Hah! My spies are everywhere! Mwahahahaha!!! I even know about
                    the...
                    > well, nevermind. :-D
                    The Real Tree camo duct tape??????

                    > Doesn't quite have the ring of Paris, though, does it? :-/
                    Well, no. We've both been there, but not together, so it just doesn't
                    work. Hey! We'll always have the double rainout champion events...
                    No, that doesn't work either. Sigh.

                    > Intermittently, at least. Apparently I don't get one full time. Not
                    > like I intend to use it all that much. Quite frankly I find the
                    > profusion of golf carts at the war in recent years to be a major
                    > annoyance, and it seems that even the Second Undersecretary of
                    > Extremely Useless Tasks *needs* a cart to get around in... It
                    > really damages the feel of the event for me.
                    What you need, cher Baron, is a destrier. One that kicks and stomps
                    people when they tick you off, and leaves steaming presents for your
                    enemies to step in. ;->

                    Jehanne
                  • Steven Proctor
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 4, 2002
                      wodeford wrote:

                      > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                      > > Hah! My spies are everywhere! Mwahahahaha!!! I even know about
                      > the...
                      > > well, nevermind. :-D
                      > The Real Tree camo duct tape??????

                      I have no comment at this time... :-)

                      > > Doesn't quite have the ring of Paris, though, does it? :-/
                      > Well, no. We've both been there, but not together, so it just doesn't
                      > work. Hey! We'll always have the double rainout champion events...
                      > No, that doesn't work either. Sigh.

                      Well, we will always have them, yes. Whether we *want* them or not is
                      another question entirely... :-D

                      > What you need, cher Baron, is a destrier. One that kicks and stomps
                      > people when they tick you off, and leaves steaming presents for your
                      > enemies to step in. ;->

                      Ooohhhh. Yes, please! I *like* that idea.....