Just sharing a moment of my insanity.....

  • Steven Proctor
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 27, 2001
      I'm not quite sure how I ended up agreeing to this...

      I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI

      Wheeeeee.................

      Ta

      Morgan

      ...WHAT was I Thinking...

      --
      "I could tell you stories about this road we shall be traveling," the
      old man told his young companions as he leaned on his staff and stroked
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 27, 2001
        At 02:49 PM 12/27/2001 -0500, you wrote:
        I'm not quite sure how I ended up agreeing to this...

        I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI

        oh my God!  Wow!  You have gone bonkers.

        ...WHAT was I Thinking...

        Obviously you weren't.  Someone caught you at that precise moment when your brain was between gears!

        Condolences...... Um, I mean congratulations.  *grin*

        Smiles and Hugs,
        Despina

      • sasha_aldubbun
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 27, 2001
          Morgan wrote:
          > "I could tell you stories about this road we shall be traveling,"
          the
          > old man told his young companions as he leaned on his staff and
          stroked
          > his silver beard, "of how it was built by Dwarves of the Barad-dur
          in
          > the days of Thranduil the Great, numberless years before the Elves
          of
          > the Ered Luin left their silver woods in Lindon, sailed their ships
          over
          > the Western Sea, and passed from the knowledge of men, but what
          would
          > you learn from these tales, except that I squandered my college
          years
          > reading far too much Tolkien instead of meeting girls."

          Ah yes - The writings of one of our own - this was John la Torre's
          (Master Johann von Drachefels') entry in the annual Bulwar-Lytton bad
          writing contest this year

          Sasha
          (Mykola Shlahetka)

          Calafia, Caid
          (San Diego, CA)
        • Jeff Gedney
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 27, 2001
            On Thursday, December 27, 2001 2:49 PM, Steven Proctor
            [SMTP:sproctor@...] wrote:
            > I'm not quite sure how I ended up agreeing to this...
            >
            > I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI
            >
            > Wheeeeee.................
            >
            > Ta
            >
            > Morgan
            >
            > ...WHAT was I Thinking...

            well...
            goodbye.
            I guess that the only way well be able to catch a glimpse of you between
            may and september is with high speed film and a lab quality strobe...

            See you when you coredump.
            ( I'll have blackberry merlot at Clann O'Choda set aside for you, when you
            do)

            Elias Gedney
            Studium doscendi volutate quae cogi non potest constat.
          • wodeford
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 27, 2001
              --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
              > I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI

              Wow. That makes moving to California to live with Gaius seem almost -
              well, sane.

              Morgan, I know you will rise to the occasion with all the style at
              your command.

              Jehanne
            • ladybrynn
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 28, 2001
                Oh Morgan you poor dear....I'll be sure to stand on the sidelines and
                taunt you.:)I'm sure you'll look smashing on the field.

                - Brynn

                --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                > I'm not quite sure how I ended up agreeing to this...
                >
                > I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI
                >
                > Wheeeeee.................
                >
                > Ta
                >
                > Morgan
                >
                > ...WHAT was I Thinking...

              • Lura
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 28, 2001
                  > Ah yes - The writings of one of our own - this was John la
                  > Torre's (Master Johann von Drachefels') entry in the annual
                  > Bulwar-Lytton bad writing contest this year
                  >
                  > Sasha
                  > (Mykola Shlahetka)
                  >
                  > Calafia, Caid
                  > (San Diego, CA)

                  Hi Sasha!
                  I didn't know you were on this list. Nice to see you.

                  Love,
                  Eanswyth

                  http://greetings.yahoo.com
                • Carolle M Cox
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 28, 2001
                    Thinking? Hmmmmmm.

                    Congratulations, honestly, Morgan. From what i've observed of Pennsic
                    Higher- Ups, they've a bad habit of choosing the most qualified for the job
                    pretty routinely - which looks great on your banner, you know. . . .

                    My husband's a field Herald. If i beg hard enough, maybe he'd be willing to
                    volunteer should you need extra staff.

                    Carolle

                    > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                    > > I'm not quite sure how I ended up agreeing to this...
                    > >
                    > > I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI
                    > >
                    > > Wheeeeee.................
                    > >
                    > > Ta
                    > >
                    > > Morgan
                    > >
                    > > ...WHAT was I Thinking...
                    > >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • wodeford
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 28, 2001
                      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "ladybrynn" <s_krasley@r...> wrote:
                      > Oh Morgan you poor dear....I'll be sure to stand on the sidelines
                      and
                      > taunt you.:)I'm sure you'll look smashing on the field.

                      Morgan always does. Just as long as Morgan is not the VICTIM of a
                      smashing on the field.

                      Jehanne
                    • Carolle M Cox
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 28, 2001
                        > Morgan always does. Just as long as Morgan is not the VICTIM of a
                        > smashing on the field.
                        >
                        > Jehanne

                        Although it's unlikely that i'll be allowed to work a battle for XXXI, i am
                        a Chirurgeon - and will cheerfully patch up Morgan any time she happens to
                        get smashed. Just after i bonk the brainless sillyhead who smashed her,
                        'kay?

                        Gerita/Carolle
                      • Steven Proctor
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                          One does one's humble best...

                          Seriously, though, it's more a back office, admin. kind of job, I'm not
                          going to be in the limelight on this one. I tell people where to go, and
                          what to do once they get there, I don't walk in front and shout... :-D

                          Ta

                          Morgan

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                            wodeford wrote:

                            > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                            > > I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI
                            >
                            > Wow. That makes moving to California to live with Gaius seem almost -
                            > well, sane.

                            Nonsense. Despite my utter devastation at loosing you to the West, ma
                            chere, going to be with the good Vicomte is one of the sanest things you
                            could do, and really the only answer to the situation... :-) I weep for
                            your going O pearl of my heart, but wish you all fortune and joy....

                            > Morgan, I know you will rise to the occasion with all the style at
                            > your command.

                            LOL. In between the fits of raging mania and blind fury, I'm sure.

                            Ta

                            Morgan

                            ...I'm gonna have a golf cart. Think on that and know fear...

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                              Carolle M Cox wrote:

                              > Thinking? Hmmmmmm.

                              I know, I know. It was a silly question. If I'd *really* been thinking I
                              would have gone with my first reaction, which was to roll off my chair
                              laughing, screaming 'Are You Stoned?' at the top of my not
                              inconsiderable voice... :-D

                              > Congratulations, honestly, Morgan. From what i've observed of Pennsic
                              >
                              > Higher- Ups, they've a bad habit of choosing the most qualified for
                              > the job
                              > pretty routinely - which looks great on your banner, you know. . . .

                              Hmmm. Things to bear in mind... :-) Seriously, though, I think it will
                              go OK. It's a big job, though, and I'm approaching it with some
                              trepidation.

                              > My husband's a field Herald. If i beg hard enough, maybe he'd be
                              > willing to
                              > volunteer should you need extra staff.

                              Help is always appreciated. There's a lot of running around to be done,
                              and a lot of guiding and prodding. Basically a lot of the job is cat
                              herding. Only the cats have crowns and armies... :-) Anyone who want's
                              to help with that is more than welcome to give me a shout. I'd love to
                              have it...

                              Ta

                              Morgan

                              --
                              "I could tell you stories about this road we shall be traveling," the
                              old man told his young companions as he leaned on his staff and stroked
                              his silver beard, "of how it was built by Dwarves of the Barad-dur in
                              the days of Thranduil the Great, numberless years before the Elves of
                              the Ered Luin left their silver woods in Lindon, sailed their ships over
                              the Western Sea, and passed from the knowledge of men, but what would
                              you learn from these tales, except that I squandered my college years
                              reading far too much Tolkien instead of meeting girls."
                            • Rosine
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                                > Help is always appreciated. There's a lot of running around to be done,
                                > and a lot of guiding and prodding. Basically a lot of the job is cat
                                > herding. Only the cats have crowns and armies... :-) Anyone who want's
                                > to help with that is more than welcome to give me a shout. I'd love to
                                > have it...
                                >
                                > Ta
                                >
                                > Morgan

                                I'll be doing my own herding, but drop by the Troll booth any time for a
                                cold (or hot, as needed) drink and a munchie...

                                Rosine
                              • wodeford
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 2, 2002
                                  --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                                  > Nonsense. Despite my utter devastation at loosing you to the West,
                                  > ma chere, going to be with the good Vicomte is one of the sanest
                                  > things you could do, and really the only answer to the
                                  > situation...
                                  Hmmm, one wonders how good your spy network is after a comment like
                                  that.

                                  > I weep for your going O pearl of my heart, but wish you all fortune
                                  > and joy....
                                  Thanks. Besides, we'll always have e-mail.

                                  > ...I'm gonna have a golf cart. Think on that and know fear...
                                  Ooooh baby, a man with WHEELS! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

                                  Jehanne
                                • Steven Proctor
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                                    wodeford wrote:

                                    > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                                    > > Nonsense. Despite my utter devastation at loosing you to the West,
                                    > > ma chere, going to be with the good Vicomte is one of the sanest
                                    > > things you could do, and really the only answer to the
                                    > > situation...
                                    > Hmmm, one wonders how good your spy network is after a comment like
                                    > that.

                                    Hah! My spies are everywhere! Mwahahahaha!!! I even know about the...
                                    well, nevermind. :-D

                                    > > I weep for your going O pearl of my heart, but wish you all fortune
                                    > > and joy....
                                    > Thanks. Besides, we'll always have e-mail.

                                    Doesn't quite have the ring of Paris, though, does it? :-/

                                    > > ...I'm gonna have a golf cart. Think on that and know fear...
                                    > Ooooh baby, a man with WHEELS! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

                                    Intermittently, at least. Apparently I don't get one full time. Not like
                                    I intend to use it all that much. Quite frankly I find the profusion of
                                    golf carts at the war in recent years to be a major annoyance, and it
                                    seems that even the Second Undersecretary of Extremely Useless Tasks
                                    *needs* a cart to get around in... It really damages the feel of the
                                    event for me.

                                    Ah, well.

                                    Ta

                                    Morgan

                                    --
                                    "I could tell you stories about this road we shall be traveling," the
                                    old man told his young companions as he leaned on his staff and stroked
                                    his silver beard, "of how it was built by Dwarves of the Barad-dur in
                                    the days of Thranduil the Great, numberless years before the Elves of
                                    the Ered Luin left their silver woods in Lindon, sailed their ships over
                                    the Western Sea, and passed from the knowledge of men, but what would
                                    you learn from these tales, except that I squandered my college years
                                    reading far too much Tolkien instead of meeting girls."
                                  • alphasarah
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                                      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                                      > I'm not quite sure how I ended up agreeing to this...
                                      >
                                      > I am the War Herald for Pennsic XXXI
                                      >
                                      > Wheeeeee.................
                                      >
                                      > Ta
                                      >
                                      > Morgan
                                      >
                                      > ...WHAT was I Thinking...

                                      <points>
                                      Ha-ha!
                                      </points>

                                      I'm sure my Lord's offer of help stands for the War as well, assuming
                                      we make it this year.

                                      Alianor, back online
                                    • Steven Proctor
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                                        I'm sure I'd love to have his help, if he's going to be there. The more
                                        the merrier..

                                        Ta

                                        Morgan

                                        ...Heralds Point ... Sometimes they point and laugh...

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jan 3, 2002
                                          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                                          > Hah! My spies are everywhere! Mwahahahaha!!! I even know about
                                          the...
                                          > well, nevermind. :-D
                                          The Real Tree camo duct tape??????

                                          > Doesn't quite have the ring of Paris, though, does it? :-/
                                          Well, no. We've both been there, but not together, so it just doesn't
                                          work. Hey! We'll always have the double rainout champion events...
                                          No, that doesn't work either. Sigh.

                                          > Intermittently, at least. Apparently I don't get one full time. Not
                                          > like I intend to use it all that much. Quite frankly I find the
                                          > profusion of golf carts at the war in recent years to be a major
                                          > annoyance, and it seems that even the Second Undersecretary of
                                          > Extremely Useless Tasks *needs* a cart to get around in... It
                                          > really damages the feel of the event for me.
                                          What you need, cher Baron, is a destrier. One that kicks and stomps
                                          people when they tick you off, and leaves steaming presents for your
                                          enemies to step in. ;->

                                          Jehanne
                                        • Steven Proctor
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jan 4, 2002
                                            wodeford wrote:

                                            > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Steven Proctor <sproctor@b...> wrote:
                                            > > Hah! My spies are everywhere! Mwahahahaha!!! I even know about
                                            > the...
                                            > > well, nevermind. :-D
                                            > The Real Tree camo duct tape??????

                                            I have no comment at this time... :-)

                                            > > Doesn't quite have the ring of Paris, though, does it? :-/
                                            > Well, no. We've both been there, but not together, so it just doesn't
                                            > work. Hey! We'll always have the double rainout champion events...
                                            > No, that doesn't work either. Sigh.

                                            Well, we will always have them, yes. Whether we *want* them or not is
                                            another question entirely... :-D

                                            > What you need, cher Baron, is a destrier. One that kicks and stomps
                                            > people when they tick you off, and leaves steaming presents for your
                                            > enemies to step in. ;->

                                            Ooohhhh. Yes, please! I *like* that idea.....