Re: cookbook recommendations - Italian

  • Sunny Medlock
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
      > Sunny, you asked for Italian cook books and I forgot to look on the
      shelf last night so I still don't have the name of the one I bought
      for Bogdan this summer past, I'm sorry. However, he did send me this
      to pass on......

      > Smiles,
      > Despina

      Thank you Despina and Bogdan for the info. Unfortunately, now there
      are several new books that I have to have (thanks for the link
      too!). Fortunately, I have a new job, so I am feeling rich enough to
      be able to get at least a couple of them. (and that $40/yard silk
      brocade I just found in a local fabric store, sigh).

      As for the event, I didn't make the sour cherry pie (couldn't find
      any cherries) or the apple fritters (not enough time), but I did find
      a period recipie for cherry bread pudding, and adapted it for
      apples. It turned out really yummy, and I didn't have that much left
      to take home.

      Thanks again for all the info. I will still have to try out the
      cherry pie sometime, now that it's in my head, I have this huge
      craving for it. :)

      Elisabetta
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
        At 09:32 PM 11/30/2001 -0800, you wrote:
        >Anyone else ever tried Valhrona?
        >
        ><swoon>
        >
        >ciorstan

        Yup. Every tried Gorzka? Wonderful Czech chocolate.

        Smiles
        Despina