Re: woo-hoo!

  • rowengr@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2001
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
      > On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 rowengr@h... wrote:
      >
      > > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered
      > > Laurel!!!
      > >
      > > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
      >
      > Congratulations! That would make anyone's day better.
      >
      > -Ii, finally back online.

      Glad to see you back. :)

      I have three (computer paper type) boxes of cookbooks and herbals -
      at least a third research ones - a dozen or so boxes of SCA-period
      costume, music, furniture & architecture books, 3 or 4 more on
      assorted Scottish / Gaelic topics, plus a few boxes of fiction... (I
      have lot of books. I haven't even packed the Sutcliff or Peters or
      Sayers yet.... )

      I'm using the smaller back room in the new place for a bedroom and
      the larger front bedroom for the library / sewing room.

      And more stuff to move tomorrow....

      Rowen

      (a bit punchy)
    • wodeford@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., rowengr@h... wrote:
        > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
        > Laurel!!!

        Three vivats and a hey nonny nonny! That's marvellous news.

        > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
        Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend.

        BTW, I spent mine with Kass and Bob - went to visit, got drafted into
        helping them finish some 18th century clothing and went to a colonial
        Christmas ball last night, posing as Madame's French maid. (Gaius,
        don't go there: I was wearing brown fustian, coarse blue stockings
        and an absolutely DORKY linen cap. I have issued death threats if
        they don't share pictures.) Poor Bob had "leprosy": he was shedding
        buttons and cuff frills much of the evening. I have also issued death
        threats over leaving complicated costume projects to the very last
        minute.

        BTW, Jeanne, I have made the Period Patterns houppelande with the
        tube sleeves. I thought it was pretty easy - then again, it was the
        first time I'd ever made anything from a commercial pattern. You may
        find you have to adjust the armscye as previously noted. I found it a
        little tight, but since the tube sleeve doesn't close all the way
        around the arm, it's not a difficult fix. Can't comment on the false
        undersleeve as I didn't try that.

        Cheers,
        Jehanne
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
          At 03:32 AM 12/2/2001 +0000, you wrote:

          >I have been moving all day. I am exhausted, filthy, sore of back
          >and covered with dust. I was not able to go to Hunter's Feast in
          >Cheyenne (a Really Good Feast.)
          >
          >But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
          >Laurel!!!

          Way to go, sis! Congrats on the move and big proud moment for the
          kiddo! *grin*

          Smiles,
          Despina
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001

            >-Ii, finally back online.

            Welcome back. Where ya been?

            Despina
          • Ii Saburou
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
              On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil wrote:

              > >-Ii, finally back online.
              >
              > Welcome back. Where ya been?

              Offline.

              *ducks*

              Actually, I've been mostly out of touch as I moved into a new residence in
              Manassas, VA (aka Steirbach, Atlantia). Getting back online has been a
              pain, to put it mildly--I didn't realize how good I had it back in Alaska!

              Anyway, I'm now working on several projects including a new Noushi--which
              is about 40 yards of silk (at 20" wide) and thanks to certain influences
              *evil glare* I was insane enough to attempt to hand sew the entire thing.

              And as I'm almost done there, I only need a couple more kosode, a pair of
              sashinuki, a hitoe, a hanpi, an akome, uwanobakama, shitagasane, a good
              tate-eboshi, and a kanmuri--along with some kya-han and maybe some of
              those akagutsu or something similar... I wonder how much I can finsh
              before 12th night?

              -Ii
            • Lisa
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
                > On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 rowengr@h... wrote:
                >
                > > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered
                > > Laurel!!!
                > >
                > > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
                >
                > Congratulations! That would make anyone's day better.

                Yep - Congrats Guernen!

                Lisa
              • Laurie Hupman
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                  Manassas? MANASSAS?

                  Oh, man -- I graduated from high school in Manassas.
                  My dad still lives there.

                  Santiago & I are planning on coming out for my dad's
                  60th birthday in February. Mind if we swing by for a
                  visit?

                  Rose

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com
                • Ii Saburou
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                    On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Laurie Hupman wrote:

                    > Manassas? MANASSAS?
                    >
                    > Oh, man -- I graduated from high school in Manassas.
                    > My dad still lives there.
                    >
                    > Santiago & I are planning on coming out for my dad's
                    > 60th birthday in February. Mind if we swing by for a
                    > visit?

                    Wouldn't mind... not much of a place. (I'm renting the bottom floor of a
                    three story house at the moment, so there's not much to see...)

                    -Ii