Re: [Authentic_SCA] woo-hoo!

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2001
      On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 rowengr@... wrote:

      > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
      > Laurel!!!
      >
      > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>

      Congratulations! That would make anyone's day better.

      -Ii, finally back online.
    • rowengr@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
        > On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 rowengr@h... wrote:
        >
        > > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered
        > > Laurel!!!
        > >
        > > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
        >
        > Congratulations! That would make anyone's day better.
        >
        > -Ii, finally back online.

        Glad to see you back. :)

        I have three (computer paper type) boxes of cookbooks and herbals -
        at least a third research ones - a dozen or so boxes of SCA-period
        costume, music, furniture & architecture books, 3 or 4 more on
        assorted Scottish / Gaelic topics, plus a few boxes of fiction... (I
        have lot of books. I haven't even packed the Sutcliff or Peters or
        Sayers yet.... )

        I'm using the smaller back room in the new place for a bedroom and
        the larger front bedroom for the library / sewing room.

        And more stuff to move tomorrow....

        Rowen

        (a bit punchy)
      • wodeford@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., rowengr@h... wrote:
          > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
          > Laurel!!!

          Three vivats and a hey nonny nonny! That's marvellous news.

          > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
          Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend.

          BTW, I spent mine with Kass and Bob - went to visit, got drafted into
          helping them finish some 18th century clothing and went to a colonial
          Christmas ball last night, posing as Madame's French maid. (Gaius,
          don't go there: I was wearing brown fustian, coarse blue stockings
          and an absolutely DORKY linen cap. I have issued death threats if
          they don't share pictures.) Poor Bob had "leprosy": he was shedding
          buttons and cuff frills much of the evening. I have also issued death
          threats over leaving complicated costume projects to the very last
          minute.

          BTW, Jeanne, I have made the Period Patterns houppelande with the
          tube sleeves. I thought it was pretty easy - then again, it was the
          first time I'd ever made anything from a commercial pattern. You may
          find you have to adjust the armscye as previously noted. I found it a
          little tight, but since the tube sleeve doesn't close all the way
          around the arm, it's not a difficult fix. Can't comment on the false
          undersleeve as I didn't try that.

          Cheers,
          Jehanne
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
            At 03:32 AM 12/2/2001 +0000, you wrote:

            >I have been moving all day. I am exhausted, filthy, sore of back
            >and covered with dust. I was not able to go to Hunter's Feast in
            >Cheyenne (a Really Good Feast.)
            >
            >But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
            >Laurel!!!

            Way to go, sis! Congrats on the move and big proud moment for the
            kiddo! *grin*

            Smiles,
            Despina
          • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001

              >-Ii, finally back online.

              Welcome back. Where ya been?

              Despina
            • Ii Saburou
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
                On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil wrote:

                > >-Ii, finally back online.
                >
                > Welcome back. Where ya been?

                Offline.

                *ducks*

                Actually, I've been mostly out of touch as I moved into a new residence in
                Manassas, VA (aka Steirbach, Atlantia). Getting back online has been a
                pain, to put it mildly--I didn't realize how good I had it back in Alaska!

                Anyway, I'm now working on several projects including a new Noushi--which
                is about 40 yards of silk (at 20" wide) and thanks to certain influences
                *evil glare* I was insane enough to attempt to hand sew the entire thing.

                And as I'm almost done there, I only need a couple more kosode, a pair of
                sashinuki, a hitoe, a hanpi, an akome, uwanobakama, shitagasane, a good
                tate-eboshi, and a kanmuri--along with some kya-han and maybe some of
                those akagutsu or something similar... I wonder how much I can finsh
                before 12th night?

                -Ii
              • Lisa
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                  --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
                  > On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 rowengr@h... wrote:
                  >
                  > > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered
                  > > Laurel!!!
                  > >
                  > > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
                  >
                  > Congratulations! That would make anyone's day better.

                  Yep - Congrats Guernen!

                  Lisa
                • Laurie Hupman
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                    Manassas? MANASSAS?

                    Oh, man -- I graduated from high school in Manassas.
                    My dad still lives there.

                    Santiago & I are planning on coming out for my dad's
                    60th birthday in February. Mind if we swing by for a
                    visit?

                    Rose

                    http://shopping.yahoo.com
                  • Ii Saburou
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                      On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Laurie Hupman wrote:

                      > Manassas? MANASSAS?
                      >
                      > Oh, man -- I graduated from high school in Manassas.
                      > My dad still lives there.
                      >
                      > Santiago & I are planning on coming out for my dad's
                      > 60th birthday in February. Mind if we swing by for a
                      > visit?

                      Wouldn't mind... not much of a place. (I'm renting the bottom floor of a
                      three story house at the moment, so there's not much to see...)

                      -Ii