woo-hoo!

  • rowengr@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2001
      I have been moving all day. I am exhausted, filthy, sore of back
      and covered with dust. I was not able to go to Hunter's Feast in
      Cheyenne (a Really Good Feast.)

      But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
      Laurel!!!

      This makes the day better. <GGGGG>

      Rowen

      (proud sister - she's 4 years older mundanely, but my "baby" sister
      in the SCA - she's been in about 6 or 7 years iirc & I 25+)
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2001
        On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 rowengr@... wrote:

        > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
        > Laurel!!!
        >
        > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>

        Congratulations! That would make anyone's day better.

        -Ii, finally back online.
      • rowengr@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2001
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
          > On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 rowengr@h... wrote:
          >
          > > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered
          > > Laurel!!!
          > >
          > > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
          >
          > Congratulations! That would make anyone's day better.
          >
          > -Ii, finally back online.

          Glad to see you back. :)

          I have three (computer paper type) boxes of cookbooks and herbals -
          at least a third research ones - a dozen or so boxes of SCA-period
          costume, music, furniture & architecture books, 3 or 4 more on
          assorted Scottish / Gaelic topics, plus a few boxes of fiction... (I
          have lot of books. I haven't even packed the Sutcliff or Peters or
          Sayers yet.... )

          I'm using the smaller back room in the new place for a bedroom and
          the larger front bedroom for the library / sewing room.

          And more stuff to move tomorrow....

          Rowen

          (a bit punchy)
        • wodeford@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
            --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., rowengr@h... wrote:
            > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
            > Laurel!!!

            Three vivats and a hey nonny nonny! That's marvellous news.

            > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
            Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend.

            BTW, I spent mine with Kass and Bob - went to visit, got drafted into
            helping them finish some 18th century clothing and went to a colonial
            Christmas ball last night, posing as Madame's French maid. (Gaius,
            don't go there: I was wearing brown fustian, coarse blue stockings
            and an absolutely DORKY linen cap. I have issued death threats if
            they don't share pictures.) Poor Bob had "leprosy": he was shedding
            buttons and cuff frills much of the evening. I have also issued death
            threats over leaving complicated costume projects to the very last
            minute.

            BTW, Jeanne, I have made the Period Patterns houppelande with the
            tube sleeves. I thought it was pretty easy - then again, it was the
            first time I'd ever made anything from a commercial pattern. You may
            find you have to adjust the armscye as previously noted. I found it a
            little tight, but since the tube sleeve doesn't close all the way
            around the arm, it's not a difficult fix. Can't comment on the false
            undersleeve as I didn't try that.

            Cheers,
            Jehanne
          • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
              At 03:32 AM 12/2/2001 +0000, you wrote:

              >I have been moving all day. I am exhausted, filthy, sore of back
              >and covered with dust. I was not able to go to Hunter's Feast in
              >Cheyenne (a Really Good Feast.)
              >
              >But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered a
              >Laurel!!!

              Way to go, sis! Congrats on the move and big proud moment for the
              kiddo! *grin*

              Smiles,
              Despina
            • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001

                >-Ii, finally back online.

                Welcome back. Where ya been?

                Despina
              • Ii Saburou
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 2, 2001
                  On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil wrote:

                  > >-Ii, finally back online.
                  >
                  > Welcome back. Where ya been?

                  Offline.

                  *ducks*

                  Actually, I've been mostly out of touch as I moved into a new residence in
                  Manassas, VA (aka Steirbach, Atlantia). Getting back online has been a
                  pain, to put it mildly--I didn't realize how good I had it back in Alaska!

                  Anyway, I'm now working on several projects including a new Noushi--which
                  is about 40 yards of silk (at 20" wide) and thanks to certain influences
                  *evil glare* I was insane enough to attempt to hand sew the entire thing.

                  And as I'm almost done there, I only need a couple more kosode, a pair of
                  sashinuki, a hitoe, a hanpi, an akome, uwanobakama, shitagasane, a good
                  tate-eboshi, and a kanmuri--along with some kya-han and maybe some of
                  those akagutsu or something similar... I wonder how much I can finsh
                  before 12th night?

                  -Ii
                • Lisa
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                    --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
                    > On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 rowengr@h... wrote:
                    >
                    > > But my sister Guernen has called to tell me she has been offered
                    > > Laurel!!!
                    > >
                    > > This makes the day better. <GGGGG>
                    >
                    > Congratulations! That would make anyone's day better.

                    Yep - Congrats Guernen!

                    Lisa
                  • Laurie Hupman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                      Manassas? MANASSAS?

                      Oh, man -- I graduated from high school in Manassas.
                      My dad still lives there.

                      Santiago & I are planning on coming out for my dad's
                      60th birthday in February. Mind if we swing by for a
                      visit?

                      Rose

                      http://shopping.yahoo.com
                    • Ii Saburou
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                        On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Laurie Hupman wrote:

                        > Manassas? MANASSAS?
                        >
                        > Oh, man -- I graduated from high school in Manassas.
                        > My dad still lives there.
                        >
                        > Santiago & I are planning on coming out for my dad's
                        > 60th birthday in February. Mind if we swing by for a
                        > visit?

                        Wouldn't mind... not much of a place. (I'm renting the bottom floor of a
                        three story house at the moment, so there's not much to see...)

                        -Ii