Re: [Authentic_SCA] cookbook recommendations - Italian

  • Ciorstan
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2001
      Anyone else ever tried Valhrona?

      <swoon>

      ciorstan

      Marianne Perdomo Machin wrote:

      > > Does the best include chocolate? *grin*
      >
      > If you like chocolate -and I know you do- yes, it does, most definately. You'll
      > have to give me a review of those, by the way... but I ain't telling no more... ;P
      >
      > Yours greedily going for a warm cup of Milk with Cadbury's!...
    • Sunny Medlock
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2001
        > Sunny, you asked for Italian cook books and I forgot to look on the
        shelf last night so I still don't have the name of the one I bought
        for Bogdan this summer past, I'm sorry. However, he did send me this
        to pass on......

        > Smiles,
        > Despina

        Thank you Despina and Bogdan for the info. Unfortunately, now there
        are several new books that I have to have (thanks for the link
        too!). Fortunately, I have a new job, so I am feeling rich enough to
        be able to get at least a couple of them. (and that $40/yard silk
        brocade I just found in a local fabric store, sigh).

        As for the event, I didn't make the sour cherry pie (couldn't find
        any cherries) or the apple fritters (not enough time), but I did find
        a period recipie for cherry bread pudding, and adapted it for
        apples. It turned out really yummy, and I didn't have that much left
        to take home.

        Thanks again for all the info. I will still have to try out the
        cherry pie sometime, now that it's in my head, I have this huge
        craving for it. :)

        Elisabetta
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2001
          At 09:32 PM 11/30/2001 -0800, you wrote:
          >Anyone else ever tried Valhrona?
          >
          ><swoon>
          >
          >ciorstan

          Yup. Every tried Gorzka? Wonderful Czech chocolate.

          Smiles
          Despina