Re: [Authentic_SCA] The start of finding Romanian foods.

  • Laurie Hupman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2001
      Ooh! Ohh! Bogdan!

      Are you still subscribed to SCA-Cooks? There was a
      recent message from Cariadoc regarding an early
      Romanian cookbook:

      (copied text)

      An eastern european acquaintance recently sent me a
      copy of an early Romanian cookbook. As best I can
      figure out, with the help of a friend who knows some
      Romanian, it probably dates from the end of the
      17th century. That's pretty late but, given how little
      we have from eastern Europe, still interesting.

      I have webbed a few pages of it as part of my project
      to find translators for previously untranslated
      cookbooks. They are at:

      http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/For_Translation/O_Lume/O_Lume_Intr_O_Carte_de_Bucate
      --

      I hope this translates okay -- I saved the message to
      forward to you, and then promptly buried it in my

      Rose

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1