Re: Howdy and/or Well Met

  • rowengr@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2001
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Julie Stackable, SCA Margaret Hepburn"
      <malvoisine@y...> wrote:
      > Greetings to the list - just wanted to introduce myself to the list
      > as a new member - my name is Margaret Hepburn of Ardrossan and I
      > reside in the Outlands in the Shire of Scorpions Hollow (Clovis,
      NM).
      > My main interests are 1570's Lowland Scotland (no, really, I spent
      > week in Scotland last year to research my persona....) and
      handsewing
      > clothing for same. I'm getting a reputation in my local area for
      > being an authenticity Cossack (yes, I am verra proud) I look
      forward
      > to getting to know you all . . . .
      > Toujours a vos ordres,
      > Margaret

      Been out of touch a few days myself, due to preparing to move....

      Hi, Margaret. :)

      Folks, this lady makes lovely , solid, non-flashy, beautifully made
      16th c clothing. I had the privilege (and challenge) of judging some
      of her work a couple of months ago. (Still love the two different
      weights of linen for the sleeve & body linings on that bodice.)

      Plus she has a color illustration of that shirt from the Museum at
      Bath - the one with the neck gussets.

      Welcome to the list. :)

      Rowen