An Introduction

  • Rosine
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2001
      I asked Karen Larsdatter to write an introduction for me, because (you'd not
      believe it), I am actually rather shy. Overbearing once I'm comfy, but not
      at first... she did more than I asked, and here it is:

      A dame did write me, with a meek request,
      An introduction for the Yahoo Group;
      And so, being a clever girl, I guessed
      An intro-sonnet would be quite a coup.
      Her Excellency is a Baroness,
      Of a domain on Atlantia's shore;
      A sea-swept barony, called Marinus,
      She reigns by the bay with her lord, ArnbiĆørn.
      Beyond service in Marinus' coronet,
      She pursues many topics in research;
      Needlework, costuming, and the lucet,
      And the history of the Irish Church.
      With this poorly-writ sonnet, now know ye
      My friend, Rosine of Rowanwald, O.P.

      Isn't that cool? A sonnet! I can't write poetry worth a bean...

      Rosine
    • Kitty O'Neal
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
        Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
        emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
        currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
        century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
        am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore), and am a so-called
        'Borg Artisan', meaning I'm interested in just about everything I can get
        people to tell me about. :) I would like to state that I have enjoyed what
        I've seen so far on the list, and am looking forward to learning more.

        In Service,

        Ekaterina Iana Stepanova doch'
        Deputy Hospitaller
        Barony of Northkeep, Ansteorra
        m.k.a. Kitty O'Neal kitty@...
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
          At 02:08 AM 8/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
          >Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
          >emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
          >currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
          >century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
          >am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore),

          Welcome to the list. *grin* I'm going to send you to another one....
          *grin* The Slavic Interest Group - SIG on yahoogroups - there are people
          there with more knowledge on things in which you are interested than many
          university departments.

          Welcome to us and please search the archives. There is a lot of stuff there.

          Smiles,
          Despina

          For more information: http://slavic.freeservers.com
          Post message: sig@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: sig-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        • Kirrily Robert
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
            Ekaterina wrote:
            > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA with an
            > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :) I'm
            > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the 11th
            > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about it. I
            > am 15, with lots of time for research (which I adore), and am a so-called
            > 'Borg Artisan', meaning I'm interested in just about everything I can get
            > people to tell me about. :) I would like to state that I have enjoyed what
            > I've seen so far on the list, and am looking forward to learning more.

            Welcome! I don't know much about Russian stuff, but I just wanted to
            say it's great to have you on this list. Sit down, relax, enjoy!

            Yours,

            Katherine

            katherine@... http://infotrope.net/sca/
          • wodeford
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
              --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Kitty O'Neal <kitty@s...> wrote:
              > Hello, I am relatively new to the concept of playing in the SCA
              with an
              > emphasis on Authenticity, but I'm extremely fond of the idea. :)
              I'm
              > currently looking into a Russian Persona from Novgorod during the
              11th
              > century, and would appreciate any resources anyone might have about
              it.

              Greetings and welcome, Ekaterina.

              No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah! Check out
              http://www.geocities.com/ilyana7/novgorod/toc.html for a reprint of a
              Compleat Anachronist article on 13th century Novgorod.

              Cheers,
              Jehanne
            • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002

                >No, my memory was RIGHT! Hah!

                I'm glad someone still has a memory

                Smiles,
                Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her vacation begins
                on Tuesday
              • mastergunner1588
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
                  > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
                  vacation begins
                  > on Tuesday

                  I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
                  Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.

                  Hawkyns
                  Master Gunner
                • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 1, 2002
                    At 03:50 PM 8/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                    >--- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@u...>
                    > > Despina de la stressed out and counting the hours until her
                    >vacation begins
                    > > on Tuesday
                    >
                    >I'm desperately clearing my desk so I can leave it empty tomorrow.
                    >Tonight i finish loading the truck, 7pm tomorrow I'm on the road.
                    >
                    >Hawkyns
                    >Master Gunner

                    Have fun darlin' and good luck on the clearing party! I can't leave until
                    Wednesday or Thursday. *grin* But I'll hopefully be completely ready.

                    Smiles,
                    Despina de la everyone who goes to Pennsic or any other event - please
                    drive/travel safely
                  • cslemke2000
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 27, 2005
                      Hello all,
                      Eric MacTavish here I've been a SCAidian for just about 15 years
                      (some time off her and there) I recently retuned from Drachenwald
                      (well I guess '99 is kind of recent) and am now located in the
                      Barony of the Flame in the Middle Kingdom (Ft Knox Ky.)I have found
                      myself more and more sliding along that line of authenticy-fun-maven
                      and thought hat this would be an interesting group. As for my
                      authenticy...yes.. as of the moment my biggest sin is my tent (10
                      man cabin) but Im as-we-speak starting to build a "Tinker's" wagon
                      for my lady and myself for a more "period" encampment. I'm hoping to
                      find interesting pointers on cooking camping and general all around
                      advice on "period" sca-ing...(did that make any sense? LOL)
                      I enjoy Archery (target I no longer can do combat due to injury),
                      bardic (story telling mostly, I do both period tails and SCAidian
                      lore, and am in the middle of creating a "book of tails" so if you
                      have any good SCA lore stories please send them in!!!), I also play
                      the Bodhran (fairly well), wood carving, and some illumination
                      mostly in the Celtic style.
                      My lady/wife Keely the Tinker is a master cook an is now interested
                      in period cookery and primarily illusion foods and subtitles along
                      with bardic
                      We both belong to a Italian renaissance Comedia Del Arte troop
                      within the SCA known as "i Scandali" we perform period Italian
                      Street theater... well thats enough fro an introduction for now I
                      believe!

                      Eric MacTavish