Re: [Authentic_SCA] card weaving simulator, was: Rowen's crewel fabric

  • Sarah Michele Ford
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 1, 2001
      On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 rowengr@... wrote:

      > That is a fascinating and dangerous thing, and seems a good deal more
      > accurate than charting things on graph paper.

      Yeah, I can usually visualize how things are going to turn out based on my
      Excel chartings of them, but I'm still working getting the hang of what
      effect threadings have. Plus this lets you do tiny modifications and muck
      with turning patterns and threadings.

      Like I said. Not responsible for any negative outcomes due to obsession
      with the tool.

      Alianor

      Sarah Michele Ford
      /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
      aka Alianor of Ravenglass
      aka the Dark Melm of Sith
      ---------------------------
      sarah@...
      \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
    • Lisa
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 5, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Danielle Nunn-Weinberg <dannw@m...> wrote:

        > >Umm - I knew you'd get me for this <G>.
        >
        > Yup. : )
        >
        > >I mean a skirt without an underskirt showing. That makes better
        > >sense, I hope.
        >
        > LOL! Ah, I usually just refer to them as closed front skirts. I'm
        sure
        > it's less confusing to people who don't know that foreparts are the
        highly
        > decorated (or out of rich fabric) roughly triangular shaped panels
        attached
        > (seem to be usually pinned or tied) to the front of a kirtle skirt
        (usually
        > of a less valuable fabric) used to fill in the area of the open
        fronted
        > skirts. : ) Or did I just confuse the issue further?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Gwendoline

        Nope, my dear you were the soul of clarity.

        How did you get on with the button?

        I finally managed to get a baby silver pomander, supposed to be a
        16th century replica. It's smaller than I thought it was, but very
        sweet. Unfortunately the retailer has deleted the pics off the
        auction before I got a chance to save them.

        Lisa