Re: Rowen's crewel fabric

  • sarah@snowplow.org
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 1, 2001

      > *perks up ears*
      >
      > Card weaving simulator?
      >
      > Despina de la wants to know more.....

      http://www.theloomybin.com in the card weaving section.

      I hereby take NO RESPONSIBILITY for loss of productivity, job,
      destruction of relationships, etc. that may result from the use of
      this peice of software.

      Warning: it won't work on a Mac. I've not been able to get it to work
      on some PCs (this eliminates both computers at home, thankfully).

      But oh it's so beautiful.

      Alianor who asked for an inkle loom for Hanukkah
    • Lisa
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 5, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Danielle Nunn-Weinberg <dannw@m...> wrote:

        > >Umm - I knew you'd get me for this <G>.
        >
        > Yup. : )
        >
        > >I mean a skirt without an underskirt showing. That makes better
        > >sense, I hope.
        >
        > LOL! Ah, I usually just refer to them as closed front skirts. I'm
        sure
        > it's less confusing to people who don't know that foreparts are the
        highly
        > decorated (or out of rich fabric) roughly triangular shaped panels
        attached
        > (seem to be usually pinned or tied) to the front of a kirtle skirt
        (usually
        > of a less valuable fabric) used to fill in the area of the open
        fronted
        > skirts. : ) Or did I just confuse the issue further?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Gwendoline

        Nope, my dear you were the soul of clarity.

        How did you get on with the button?

        I finally managed to get a baby silver pomander, supposed to be a
        16th century replica. It's smaller than I thought it was, but very
        sweet. Unfortunately the retailer has deleted the pics off the
        auction before I got a chance to save them.

        Lisa