Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Rowen's crewel fabric

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 1, 2001
      At 04:00 PM 11/1/2001 +0000, you wrote:
      Oh, a bit loud, maybe?  <g>  Well, I can always try to fade it a bit
      if necessary.  I'm not sure what in the world I'll combine it with,
      though.

      Don't even think about it!  It's perfect as it is!  Please leave it.  With so many other colors in it, It will combine with nearly anything.

      Smiles,
      Despina
    • Lisa
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 5, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Danielle Nunn-Weinberg <dannw@m...> wrote:

        > >Umm - I knew you'd get me for this <G>.
        >
        > Yup. : )
        >
        > >I mean a skirt without an underskirt showing. That makes better
        > >sense, I hope.
        >
        > LOL! Ah, I usually just refer to them as closed front skirts. I'm
        sure
        > it's less confusing to people who don't know that foreparts are the
        highly
        > decorated (or out of rich fabric) roughly triangular shaped panels
        attached
        > (seem to be usually pinned or tied) to the front of a kirtle skirt
        (usually
        > of a less valuable fabric) used to fill in the area of the open
        fronted
        > skirts. : ) Or did I just confuse the issue further?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Gwendoline

        Nope, my dear you were the soul of clarity.

        How did you get on with the button?

        I finally managed to get a baby silver pomander, supposed to be a
        16th century replica. It's smaller than I thought it was, but very
        sweet. Unfortunately the retailer has deleted the pics off the
        auction before I got a chance to save them.

        Lisa