Re: OT: Happydance!

  • rowengr@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@p...> wrote:
      > Lillian Faye is a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2
      >inches long, and scored 9.9 on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and
      >was alert and happy almost at once.

      She sounds like a wonderful, very special girl, bless her. 8-)

      Congratulations all around.

      Rowen
    • Elizabeth Walpole
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2001
        > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:07:56 -0500
        > From: "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@...>
        >Subject: OT: Happydance!
        >
        >Just gotta share...I had the most incredible experience today! I should
        >preface this by saying that I am the world's most squeamish person. In
        >High School, I was carried to the nurse at least twice a week during
        >Health Ed class because I'd passed out, I can't watch a movie that's
        >rated PG-13 without someone I trust seeing it first, because if there's
        >ANY blood in it I'll pass out...you get the picture!
        >Anyway, my sister in law had a baby today, and I was there through all
        >the labor, and I STAYED THROUGH DELIVERY AND DIDN'T PASS OUT!!!! It was
        >the most amazing thing I've EVER seen. I am so psyched! Lillian Faye is
        >a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and scored 9.9
        >on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and was alert and happy almost at
        >once.
        Yay, good for you, it's probably a mental thing in that you were so busy
        thinking about your sister in law and the baby you didn't have time to think
        about the yucky stuff. Or maybe you're just getting better about that sort
        of stuff

        >My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room when
        >she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
        >with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets pregnant
        >I'll be OK!!!

        Was she serious, I couldn't do that, then again my mum's a nurse so I'll
        probably get her to translate whatever the doctor throws at me ;)

        >Jeanne
        >

        >"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed
        >the universe of Microsoft Employees and carved their bones into flutes
        >for children. 'Tis a dream I have."

        LOL (lucky I'm the only one left up) where in heaven's name did you get
        that? I want to forward it to everyone I know.

        ----
        Elizabeth Walpole Elizabeth Walpole
        Politarchopolis, Lochac Canberra Australia
        ewalpole@...

        Mr. Speaker, I said the honorable member was a liar it is true and I am
        sorry for it. The honourable member may place the punctuation where he
        pleases.
        Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816) British dramatist. On being asked to
        apologize for calling a fellow MP a liar. Attrib.
      • Jeanne Harney
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2001
          From: "Elizabeth Walpole" <ewalpole@...>

          > > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:07:56 -0500
          > > From: "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@...>
          > >Subject: OT: Happydance!
          > Yay, good for you, it's probably a mental thing in that you were so
          busy
          > thinking about your sister in law and the baby you didn't have time to
          think
          > about the yucky stuff. Or maybe you're just getting better about that
          sort
          > of stuff

          I dunno. I was so fascinated...and I didn't watch the afterbirth,
          etc...the second Lily was out and on her mom's chest, I was up touching
          her, and counting fingers...

          > >My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room
          when
          > >she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
          > >with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets
          pregnant
          > >I'll be OK!!!
          >
          > Was she serious, I couldn't do that, then again my mum's a nurse so
          I'll
          > probably get her to translate whatever the doctor throws at me ;)

          She was DEAD serious. She's spent her whole life shielding me from her
          bleeding...she got hit by a car when she was 12, and went to a
          neighbor's and made them let her take a bath and such before she let me
          know about it (neighbor WAS a nurse, and she was mostly just scraped up,
          but...)

          >"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed
          > >the universe of Microsoft Employees and carved their bones into
          flutes
          > >for children. 'Tis a dream I have."
          >
          > LOL (lucky I'm the only one left up) where in heaven's name did you
          get
          > that? I want to forward it to everyone I know.

          I stole it fair and square from someone else! I hear it's close to some
          Babylon 5 quote...I wouldn't know because I don't own a TV.

          Jeanne