Re: [Authentic_SCA] OT: Happydance!

  • L Joseph
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- Jeanne Harney <jeanne@...> wrote:
      > Anyway, my sister in law had a baby today, and I was
      > there through all
      > the labor, and I STAYED THROUGH DELIVERY AND DIDN'T
      > PASS OUT!!!! It was
      > the most amazing thing I've EVER seen. I am so
      > psyched! Lillian Faye is
      > a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches
      > long, and scored 9.9
      > on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and was alert and
      > happy almost at
      > once.

      Congratulations to you and your family. I'm sure she's
      beautiful.

      Jehanne

      =====
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
         I am so psyched! Lillian Faye is a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and scored 9.9 on her Apgar test.  She's perfect, and was alert and happy almost at once.

        Congratulations!  That is amazing!  My sister in law had a baby on October 18 and she was a whopper, 10 lbs, 1oz and 21 inches long!  Lillian sounds much more like a delicate baby than Megan.  *grin*  Congratulations and good job staying on your feet.  I don't know if I would have.

        Smiles and hugs,
        Despina
      • rowengr@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2001
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@p...> wrote:
          > Lillian Faye is a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2
          >inches long, and scored 9.9 on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and
          >was alert and happy almost at once.

          She sounds like a wonderful, very special girl, bless her. 8-)

          Congratulations all around.

          Rowen
        • Elizabeth Walpole
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2001
            > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:07:56 -0500
            > From: "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@...>
            >Subject: OT: Happydance!
            >
            >Just gotta share...I had the most incredible experience today! I should
            >preface this by saying that I am the world's most squeamish person. In
            >High School, I was carried to the nurse at least twice a week during
            >Health Ed class because I'd passed out, I can't watch a movie that's
            >rated PG-13 without someone I trust seeing it first, because if there's
            >ANY blood in it I'll pass out...you get the picture!
            >Anyway, my sister in law had a baby today, and I was there through all
            >the labor, and I STAYED THROUGH DELIVERY AND DIDN'T PASS OUT!!!! It was
            >the most amazing thing I've EVER seen. I am so psyched! Lillian Faye is
            >a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and scored 9.9
            >on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and was alert and happy almost at
            >once.
            Yay, good for you, it's probably a mental thing in that you were so busy
            thinking about your sister in law and the baby you didn't have time to think
            about the yucky stuff. Or maybe you're just getting better about that sort
            of stuff

            >My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room when
            >she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
            >with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets pregnant
            >I'll be OK!!!

            Was she serious, I couldn't do that, then again my mum's a nurse so I'll
            probably get her to translate whatever the doctor throws at me ;)

            >Jeanne
            >

            >"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed
            >the universe of Microsoft Employees and carved their bones into flutes
            >for children. 'Tis a dream I have."

            LOL (lucky I'm the only one left up) where in heaven's name did you get
            that? I want to forward it to everyone I know.

            ----
            Elizabeth Walpole Elizabeth Walpole
            Politarchopolis, Lochac Canberra Australia
            ewalpole@...

            Mr. Speaker, I said the honorable member was a liar it is true and I am
            sorry for it. The honourable member may place the punctuation where he
            pleases.
            Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816) British dramatist. On being asked to
            apologize for calling a fellow MP a liar. Attrib.
          • Jeanne Harney
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2001
              From: "Elizabeth Walpole" <ewalpole@...>

              > > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:07:56 -0500
              > > From: "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@...>
              > >Subject: OT: Happydance!
              > Yay, good for you, it's probably a mental thing in that you were so
              busy
              > thinking about your sister in law and the baby you didn't have time to
              think
              > about the yucky stuff. Or maybe you're just getting better about that
              sort
              > of stuff

              I dunno. I was so fascinated...and I didn't watch the afterbirth,
              etc...the second Lily was out and on her mom's chest, I was up touching
              her, and counting fingers...

              > >My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room
              when
              > >she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
              > >with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets
              pregnant
              > >I'll be OK!!!
              >
              > Was she serious, I couldn't do that, then again my mum's a nurse so
              I'll
              > probably get her to translate whatever the doctor throws at me ;)

              She was DEAD serious. She's spent her whole life shielding me from her
              bleeding...she got hit by a car when she was 12, and went to a
              neighbor's and made them let her take a bath and such before she let me
              know about it (neighbor WAS a nurse, and she was mostly just scraped up,
              but...)

              >"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed
              > >the universe of Microsoft Employees and carved their bones into
              flutes
              > >for children. 'Tis a dream I have."
              >
              > LOL (lucky I'm the only one left up) where in heaven's name did you
              get
              > that? I want to forward it to everyone I know.

              I stole it fair and square from someone else! I hear it's close to some
              Babylon 5 quote...I wouldn't know because I don't own a TV.

              Jeanne