Re: Elizabethan underwear/clothing in general

  • unclrashid@aol.com
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 31, 2001
      > >Ok :-( But thanks anyway! I've just kinda been letting it
      sit...maybe the
      > >ropes will un-twist on their own and I won't have to worry about
      it?
      > ><keeping fingers crossed>
      >
      > Hmm, have you tried hanging it over night or kind of trying to roll
      it in
      > the casing? Either might help.

      I doubt that they will untwist by themselves if it is just sitting
      around. You might want to try just holding it by the waistband and
      jiggling it up and down for a while and see if the ropes look like
      that will help.. Or put it on and then do an aerobic step workout.

      Rashid
    • Lisa
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 5, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Danielle Nunn-Weinberg <dannw@m...> wrote:

        > >Umm - I knew you'd get me for this <G>.
        >
        > Yup. : )
        >
        > >I mean a skirt without an underskirt showing. That makes better
        > >sense, I hope.
        >
        > LOL! Ah, I usually just refer to them as closed front skirts. I'm
        sure
        > it's less confusing to people who don't know that foreparts are the
        highly
        > decorated (or out of rich fabric) roughly triangular shaped panels
        attached
        > (seem to be usually pinned or tied) to the front of a kirtle skirt
        (usually
        > of a less valuable fabric) used to fill in the area of the open
        fronted
        > skirts. : ) Or did I just confuse the issue further?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Gwendoline

        Nope, my dear you were the soul of clarity.

        How did you get on with the button?

        I finally managed to get a baby silver pomander, supposed to be a
        16th century replica. It's smaller than I thought it was, but very
        sweet. Unfortunately the retailer has deleted the pics off the
        auction before I got a chance to save them.

        Lisa