OT: Happydance!

  • Jeanne Harney
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2001
      Just gotta share...I had the most incredible experience today! I should
      preface this by saying that I am the world's most squeamish person. In
      High School, I was carried to the nurse at least twice a week during
      Health Ed class because I'd passed out, I can't watch a movie that's
      rated PG-13 without someone I trust seeing it first, because if there's
      ANY blood in it I'll pass out...you get the picture!
      Anyway, my sister in law had a baby today, and I was there through all
      the labor, and I STAYED THROUGH DELIVERY AND DIDN'T PASS OUT!!!! It was
      the most amazing thing I've EVER seen. I am so psyched! Lillian Faye is
      a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and scored 9.9
      on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and was alert and happy almost at
      once.

      My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room when
      she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
      with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets pregnant
      I'll be OK!!!

      Jeanne

      "I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed
      the universe of Microsoft Employees and carved their bones into flutes
      for children. 'Tis a dream I have."
    • Danielle Nunn-Weinberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2001
        At 01:07 AM 11/1/2001 -0500, you wrote:
        >Just gotta share...I had the most incredible experience today! I should
        >preface this by saying that I am the world's most squeamish person. In
        >High School, I was carried to the nurse at least twice a week during
        >Health Ed class because I'd passed out, I can't watch a movie that's
        >rated PG-13 without someone I trust seeing it first, because if there's
        >ANY blood in it I'll pass out...you get the picture!
        >Anyway, my sister in law had a baby today, and I was there through all
        >the labor, and I STAYED THROUGH DELIVERY AND DIDN'T PASS OUT!!!! It was
        >the most amazing thing I've EVER seen. I am so psyched! Lillian Faye is
        >a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and scored 9.9
        >on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and was alert and happy almost at
        >once.
        >
        >My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room when
        >she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
        >with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets pregnant
        >I'll be OK!!!
        >
        >Jeanne

        Congratulations to your sister-in-law! That is so
        exciting. Congratulations on not passing out too. : )

        Cheers,
        Gwendoline
      • L Joseph
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1 4:22 AM
          --- Jeanne Harney <jeanne@...> wrote:
          > Anyway, my sister in law had a baby today, and I was
          > there through all
          > the labor, and I STAYED THROUGH DELIVERY AND DIDN'T
          > PASS OUT!!!! It was
          > the most amazing thing I've EVER seen. I am so
          > psyched! Lillian Faye is
          > a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches
          > long, and scored 9.9
          > on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and was alert and
          > happy almost at
          > once.

          Congratulations to you and your family. I'm sure she's
          beautiful.

          Jehanne

          =====
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

          http://personals.yahoo.com
        • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1 7:01 AM
             I am so psyched! Lillian Faye is a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and scored 9.9 on her Apgar test.  She's perfect, and was alert and happy almost at once.

            Congratulations!  That is amazing!  My sister in law had a baby on October 18 and she was a whopper, 10 lbs, 1oz and 21 inches long!  Lillian sounds much more like a delicate baby than Megan.  *grin*  Congratulations and good job staying on your feet.  I don't know if I would have.

            Smiles and hugs,
            Despina
          • rowengr@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1 7:50 AM
              --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@p...> wrote:
              > Lillian Faye is a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2
              >inches long, and scored 9.9 on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and
              >was alert and happy almost at once.

              She sounds like a wonderful, very special girl, bless her. 8-)

              Congratulations all around.

              Rowen
            • Elizabeth Walpole
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2 4:31 AM
                > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:07:56 -0500
                > From: "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@...>
                >Subject: OT: Happydance!
                >
                >Just gotta share...I had the most incredible experience today! I should
                >preface this by saying that I am the world's most squeamish person. In
                >High School, I was carried to the nurse at least twice a week during
                >Health Ed class because I'd passed out, I can't watch a movie that's
                >rated PG-13 without someone I trust seeing it first, because if there's
                >ANY blood in it I'll pass out...you get the picture!
                >Anyway, my sister in law had a baby today, and I was there through all
                >the labor, and I STAYED THROUGH DELIVERY AND DIDN'T PASS OUT!!!! It was
                >the most amazing thing I've EVER seen. I am so psyched! Lillian Faye is
                >a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and scored 9.9
                >on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and was alert and happy almost at
                >once.
                Yay, good for you, it's probably a mental thing in that you were so busy
                thinking about your sister in law and the baby you didn't have time to think
                about the yucky stuff. Or maybe you're just getting better about that sort
                of stuff

                >My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room when
                >she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
                >with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets pregnant
                >I'll be OK!!!

                Was she serious, I couldn't do that, then again my mum's a nurse so I'll
                probably get her to translate whatever the doctor throws at me ;)

                >Jeanne
                >

                >"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed
                >the universe of Microsoft Employees and carved their bones into flutes
                >for children. 'Tis a dream I have."

                LOL (lucky I'm the only one left up) where in heaven's name did you get
                that? I want to forward it to everyone I know.

                ----
                Elizabeth Walpole Elizabeth Walpole
                Politarchopolis, Lochac Canberra Australia
                ewalpole@...

                Mr. Speaker, I said the honorable member was a liar it is true and I am
                sorry for it. The honourable member may place the punctuation where he
                pleases.
                Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816) British dramatist. On being asked to
                apologize for calling a fellow MP a liar. Attrib.
              • Jeanne Harney
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2 5:26 PM
                  > Yay, good for you, it's probably a mental thing in that you were so
                  busy
                  > thinking about your sister in law and the baby you didn't have time to
                  think
                  > about the yucky stuff. Or maybe you're just getting better about that
                  sort
                  > of stuff

                  I dunno. I was so fascinated...and I didn't watch the afterbirth,
                  etc...the second Lily was out and on her mom's chest, I was up touching
                  her, and counting fingers...

                  > >My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room
                  when
                  > >she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
                  > >with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets
                  pregnant
                  > >I'll be OK!!!
                  >
                  > Was she serious, I couldn't do that, then again my mum's a nurse so
                  I'll
                  > probably get her to translate whatever the doctor throws at me ;)

                  She was DEAD serious. She's spent her whole life shielding me from her
                  bleeding...she got hit by a car when she was 12, and went to a
                  neighbor's and made them let her take a bath and such before she let me
                  know about it (neighbor WAS a nurse, and she was mostly just scraped up,
                  but...)

                  >"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed
                  > >the universe of Microsoft Employees and carved their bones into
                  flutes
                  > >for children. 'Tis a dream I have."
                  >
                  > LOL (lucky I'm the only one left up) where in heaven's name did you
                  get
                  > that? I want to forward it to everyone I know.

                  I stole it fair and square from someone else! I hear it's close to some
                  Babylon 5 quote...I wouldn't know because I don't own a TV.

                  Jeanne