Chicago talks

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      I apologize for making some people cry, but I can't go either........ I thought one or two people might be able to attend...... - Despina

      The Medieval Studies Workshop at the University of Chicago Presents:

      Emily Kadens,
      The Law School, University of Chicago

      "The Vernacular in a Latin World: The Mysterious Demise of the Latin Monopoly on Writing Documents in 13th-century Flanders"

      Wednesday October 31,
      4:30 PM
      Cochrane-Woods Art Center 152

      Refreshments and conversation will follow the presentation.

      Persons with disabilities should contact in advance one of the workshop
      coordinators, Sara Ritchey (ritchey@...; 773-395-3617) or
      Kathleen Self (kmself@...; 773-955-5258).

      November 2 Laura Smoller University of Arkansas, Little Rock
      "Frogs, Earthquakes, and Rains of Fire: Plague and the Apocalypse in Fourteen-Century Europe"

      The Committee on Conceptual and Historical Studies of Science and
      The Morris Fishbein Center for The History of Science
      The Workshops meet at 4 p.m. on alternate Fridays in Room 224, Social Science Bldg.
      (1126 E. 59th St.)
      Schedule changes and other information will be posted on
      <
      http://humanities.uchicago.edu/chss/>http://humanities.uchicago.edu/chss/

      For further information or assistance in attending, please call 773-702-8391