Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: psaltery music

  • L Joseph
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2001
      --- Marianne Perdomo Machin <marianne@...>
      wrote:
      > Oops! you mean like playing the same note over and
      > over (drone) or playing 4 or up or down?
      Yes, basically. If you're playing a G (in C major),
      the fifth below it is a C, the fourth below is a D. A
      C major triad chord is C-E-G. An open C major fifth
      would just be C-G. It's not rocket science or I
      wouldn't understand this stuff. ;->

      > I think the first book I need to get is "Music for
      > dummies" or the closest thing (I've actually seach
      > for the dummies one but nothing came up).
      Go to the library or your local bookstore and see if
      there's anything on learning to read sheet music or
      basic music theory.

      > Good to know! I've never seen them that cheap but I
      > really wasn't looking before so..
      Mine was made by QuikTune. It's about the size of an
      Altoid's tin, takes a 9volt battery and a cheaper
      piece of junk you will not find(tuning in a noisy
      environment is a pain), but it mostly works.

      Happy playing.
      Jehanne

      =====
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."