ebay: 1517 Facsimile including comedias

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
      four days to go and no opening bid at $19.95 as yet........  I know someone on this list is gonna want this - I just hope everyone comes out of the fray okay.

      Smiles,
      Despina

      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1470573248

      1517 book of Spanish drama, 1936 facsimile ed
      Item # 1470573248

      Propalladia de Bartholomé de Torres Naharro
      Madrid: Tipografia de Archivos, MCMXXXVI (1936.)
      A facsimile of the rare 1517 first edition published in Naples, Italy.
      A collection of writing by Bartolemé de Torres Naharro, 16th century Spanish cleric, poet and dramatist. The Propaladia consists of satires, epistles, romances, ballads, and some miscellaneous poetry, but chiefly of eight plays called "Comedias." An important early book in the development of the dramatic form.

      Paperbound quarto, 8.75 by 13 inches. Unpaginated, but about 210 pages. Two-color cover. Facsimile text in double columns, woodcut illustrations and decorative initials. Light external soil, but VG+ condition otherwise. Import stamp on the first blank page, but clean and unmarked internally. Good paper quality. Very nice overall.

      Shipping: $3.95 for delivery by Priority Mail in the US. International destinations at actual cost. Secure, protective packaging assured.

      Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge every capacity to be at your best.
      --David O. McKay

    • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
        Oh, yeah...... I forgot, not affiliated in any way, thought people would like, yada yada yada.......

        and I am *not* evil, I'm helpful - just so we have that straight, Rose, Vittoria, Moshe, et al.

        Smiles,
        Despina

      • Laurie Hupman
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
          Dear Helpful --

          Hmmm, tempting. Very, very tempting. But I don't
          speak Spanish.

          Looks like the UC has a copy, though. Gonna have to
          go check it out....

          Rose

          http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
        • wodeford@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
            --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Laurie Hupman <roswtr@y...> wrote:
            > Dear Helpful --
            >
            > Hmmm, tempting. Very, very tempting. But I don't
            > speak Spanish.

            Just forwarded a copy of Despina's original post to Ana Raquel de
            Guzman (as she is no longer on the list).

            Jehanne
          • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
              At 07:38 PM 10/4/2001 +0000, you wrote:
              > Dear Helpful --
              >
              > Hmmm, tempting.  Very, very tempting.  But I don't
              > speak Spanish.

              Just forwarded a copy of Despina's original post to Ana Raquel de
              Guzman (as she is no longer on the list).

              See?  And Jehanne is kind enough to help me be helpful...... *grin*

              Smiles,
              Despina de la meetings all day