Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: hamburgers - source maybe

  • Cynthia Virtue
    Message 1 of 318 , Oct 1, 2001
      Jeff Gedney wrote:
      > Any recipe's semblance to a modern dish may be more an product of the
      > RECREATOR more than it might be a consequence of the RECREATION.

      Right. Although the other lesson that I take from it is that what we
      eat now, that doesn't look period (pop tarts) might be more period that
      something else we eat now, that seems very period (beef stew with
      various veggies) and the only real way to know is to do the research.

      I'm not sure the particular case was cuskynoles -- the word is
      unfamiliar to me.

      cv
      --
      Cynthia Virtue and/or
      Cynthia du Pré Argent

      "Such virtue hath my pen...." -Shakespeare, Sonnet 81
      "I knew this wasn't _my_ pen!" --Cynthia V.
    • Jenn
      Message 318 of 318 , Feb 25, 2005
        JoAnna: My hubby had RK & he stayed awake the first night because he
        could actually SEE the clock! Ælfgifu who is looking into getting
        contact lenses for events, but who will be wearing TRIFOCALS under
        normal circumstances!