Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: (Silly, sort of) West Kingdom Members, please welcome a friend

  • L Joseph
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30 8:00 AM
      --- Stephen Higa <mitsuo@...> wrote:
      > No offense taken...I apologize for my abruptness.
      It seemed more like humility to me and for that virtue
      there is never need to apologize.

      > This Italian friar sounds much like our abbot! Alas,
      > the Portuguese who have come here are not that way
      > in the least. They pretend as if they understand our
      > way, but they only wish to mold it to their idea
      > of "Deus" and the Kirishitan Way.
      Good Tenkai, our Church is frequently served by men
      who have no other place to go, younger brothers who
      will not inherit. It is an imperfect solution and
      sadly there is much error committed in God's name. One
      can but pray that they find true understanding in
      their journey.

      > Most certainly. Washing dishes, raking the garden,
      > sweeping the floor, fetching water all create
      > moments of concentrated awareness and focus
      > as well as a state of loss of selfhood.
      Indeed! The rhythm of needle and thread traveling
      through linen can be surprisingly soothing.

      > Please do not listen to my words, they are hollow
      > and hurtful.
      It is forgotten.

      > Ah, a good sign indeed! The gods must favor such an
      > one! I met him just this afternoon, and it appears
      > as if he might wish to join our local group! He was
      > a delightful man, although when I greeted him I
      > felt a bit uncomfortable as he bade me arise from
      > the ground to speak to him eye to eye. He seemed to
      > hold a disregard for status that was quite
      > startling. I'm glad that such a man has come
      > to stay in our province!
      Excellent news indeed. I am pleased to hear he is
      well. Do not think that Fujimaki's disregard for
      status is the result of his association with us
      gaijin, he has always been so chivalrous: with him
      every man is due the respect of an emperor.

      Jehanne here ends with thanks for this good news and
      prayers for Tenkai-dono's continued well being.

      =====
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

      http://phone.yahoo.com