Fwd: Period Bibles In English: was Theology Help

  • L Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28 3:19 PM
      The excerpted readings on the CD I mentioned earlier
      are from the Tyndale Bible.

      Found the following rampantly pro-Reformation
      (sorry, I sustained permanent damage as a result of 12
      years of pleated plaid, beanies, fish on Friday and
      mite boxes) website on William Tyndale:
      http://www.williamtyndale.com/0biblehistory.htm

      It does discuss early translations of the Bible into
      English and has John 3:16 quotes going back as far
      as an Anglo Saxon manuscript in 995 AD. Interesting
      stuff.

      Jehanne

      =====
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."