pourpoints and padding thickness

  • Marianne Perdomo Machin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2001
      Greetings!!

      I have just read part of the new uploaded file on cotton (thanks
      Christina!!) and something caught my eye:

      1313: armourers' guild statutes specifies the thickness of padding for
      garments worn under armour.

      Any idea what this could be? We're toying around with a pourpoint-type
      padded garment with filled vertical channels, a la Charles de Blois or
      Black Prince and wonder how thick is thick whn stuffing the channels.
      We won't be wearing it for warmth but for protection, with a leather
      bringandine and other similar stuff (hopefully).

      Any ideas?

      All the best,

      Marianne