Re: [Authentic_SCA] hope

  • Greg Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2001
      M'Lady,

      I can only speak for my household as others treat the
      Enchanted Ground concept in different ways. On board
      the Akula (we are a viking house based around a
      drakkar) the evening meal on Saturday of an event is
      the time when the 21st century fades the furthest into
      the background. It starts with our food. We try to
      make it as period as possible within the constraints
      of budget and the talents of that weekend's head cook.
      The conversations revolve around the days activities
      and what de ads were done by which member of the crew.
      After the meal is done and we relax around the fire
      it is time for the entertainment. If we have had a
      guest for dinner then they are asked to tell us a
      story, recite a poem or sing a song in return for the
      hospitality received (this is only requested and they
      may decline if they wish). If we have did not have
      the pleasure of good company, then the bardic falls
      upon one of the crew. As we are all hams at heart,
      there is usually a mad scramble to be first.

      The Enchanted Ground is a wonderful idea and it can be
      accomplished with very little effort. It also doesn't
      take a household to achieve it either, just one person
      deciding that they are only going to behave in as
      period a way as they can.

      Give it a shot and I hope that you achieve what ever
      level you are most comfortable with.

      Gotfred Genja
      Drakkar Akula
      --- Brighid the-short-blonde-Scot