Relatives and other Strangeness

  • Ana Areces
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2001
      Greetings, Morgan!

      I had no idea you and the young bard were related. As it is, I wouldn't say
      that he's a constant threat to me. I simply remember the look I saw on his
      face out of the corner of my eye as I recited the poem at Celtic Silliness
      three years ago. I had been all but ordered to do so by my Maestro and the
      viceroy, but I tried to be merciful in that I never looked him in the face
      while doing so. (I was planning to recite it in any case but had considered
      backing down when I heard he was at the event.) When I finished, though,
      amid the applause of the audience, he came up to me, knelt, kissed my hand,
      then hugged me. All the while, I kept thinking, "OK, where's the knife?"
      So I always remember the look he'd had only seconds before. He's always
      polite to me, but I suppose I shall always be wary of the gentleman, and
      always be on my best behavior. :)

      No need to get on his case for that.

      BTW, if you are his SCA grandfather, who are his SCA parents?

      Extremely curious,

      Ana R de G

      Mas vale trocar plazer por dolores
      que estar sin amores.