  • Matthew Mitchell
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2 10:17 PM
      I was hoping that some might be able to tell me if
      choker were ever worn in the world in sca time line?
      tsara The bare necked

      =====
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • ivinian@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 3 6:18 AM
        I found small, 1/2" or 3/8" brass rings at Calico Corner this past
        weekend. They're not quite small enough, and they're a bit too thin
        compared to things I've seen, but they come pretty close. I've done
        the doublet sleeves so far and DB is very happy with the look.

        I bought 60 of them at like 5 cents each. As I checked out, I asked
        the cashier, "So, officially-like, what ARE these rings for?" She
        told me a lot of stuff about poufy valances and things.

        Aoda

      • unclrashid@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 3 8:03 AM
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Sunny Medlock" <sunnyday78723@y...> wrote:
          > him... Any idea where I might find little rings like that? I have
          > been looking at soldered split rings, but I don't think they come
          big
          > or sturdy enough.

          I know this will make certain people on the list splutter, but
          splutter away. I use the plastic rings made for roman shades if I
          can't find mettal in the right size. They are strong enough and I
          cover them with buttonhole stitch so no one can tell what they are
          made of.

          I know it's not one hundred percent accurate, but I am interested in
          the clothing and I am not interested in doing my own metalwork!

          Rashid
        • KAHLENR0SE@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 3 8:23 AM
            I think Im going to use some of my gold metal for jewelry and make them
            myself. Its a fine enough gauge. And its easy to make a small ring with a
            pair of jewelry pliers.
            I will give it a try and let you all know how well it works.
            Kahlen du Coeur

            If you want to touch the past TOUCH A ROCK. If you want to touch the present
            TOUCH A ROSE. If you want to touch the future TOUCH A LIFE.......Unknown
          • Sunny Medlock
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 3 1:40 PM
              > > him... Any idea where I might find little rings like that? I
              have been looking at soldered split rings, but I don't think they
              come big or sturdy enough.

              > I know this will make certain people on the list splutter, but
              > splutter away. I use the plastic rings made for roman shades if I
              > can't find mettal in the right size. They are strong enough and I
              > cover them with buttonhole stitch so no one can tell what they are
              > made of.
              >
              > I know it's not one hundred percent accurate, but I am interested
              > in the clothing and I am not interested in doing my own metalwork!
              >
              > Rashid

              I have done the same thing myself, but there are a few projects where
              I want the metal ones specifically, and short of finding plastic ones
              the right size and spray-painting them, Im afraid I might have to
              make them myself (unless I can find an armorer to do it for me?)

              As far as doing my own metalwork, I want to learn how to do
              everything anyway (that's why I am in the SCA, so I can limit it to a
              specific time/place instead of everything in existence :), so I
              really wouldn't mind making them myself.

              Elisabetta