Re: [Authentic_SCA] food preservation

  • KAHLENR0SE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      In a message dated 9/1/2001 9:58:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      heilveil@... writes:

      << This is
      also why it is not uncommon for authentically minded cooks to avoid
      recipes from post-1500 as this is when the techniques (especially with
      those snooty french) started to change. >>

      Im confused. I thought that if it was pre 1600 it was considered period.
      However it is not ok to use cooking methods which are post 1500... that
      leaves a hundred year gap. Or did I miss something? If methods were
      begining to be used that lead to a greater cooking renaissance in the 1600s,
      that doesnt make them not period. I really MUST be missing something here,
      please set me straight?
      Kahlen du Coeur

      If you want to touch the past TOUCH A ROCK. If you want to touch the present
      TOUCH A ROSE. If you want to touch the future TOUCH A LIFE.......Unknown