Research Question re Coronations

  • Maryann Olson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2001
      Hmmmm.

      Reading a novel, I found information that women
      were not allowed to attend coronations in England.
      Eleanor of Aquitaine had to be hidden to view her
      son Richard crowned!

      Is this true?

      What countries is it true/untrue for?

      It startled me so, and now I'm curious.

      Herrin Gertraud
      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      "Saying "NO!" can be the toughest thing we do in the
      course of a typical day's gaudy ads and loud sales
      pitches....Your sense of trust, love and decency is
      used to subvert your sense of logic and common sense....
      Why is it so hard to say "NO!"... and mean it? It
      seems to be a natural contradiction, because saying no
      comes quite naturally to humans. Look how easily "NO!"
      rolls off the lips of a small child once she discovers
      its secret force. "NO!" is power... "No, Mommy… I won't
      change clothes"... "No, Daddy… I won't eat that broccoli!"
      Then why, oh, why is it difficult for some adults to invoke
      the ultimate power word?"

      THE NATURAL HANDYMAN NEWSLETTER
      August 15, 2001, nhnewsletter-owner@yahoogroups.com
      A publication of NATURALHANDYMAN.COM
      Visit us often at The Natural Handyman, on the Web at
      To subscribe today, click on the following url:
      http://www.naturalhandyman.com/newsletter
      <A HREF="http://www.naturalhandyman.com/newsletter">
      AOL users click here</A>