Re: blackwork?/punta in aria

  • ladymorwenna@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2001
      > For period patterns, get a copy of Vinciolo's Renaissance Patterns
      > for Lace, Embroidery and Needlepoint. It may be out of print, but I
      > got a copy through one of Barnesandnoble.com's bookfinders. There
      > is no technique taught in the book, so you'll need to get some
      > modern books to learn things like leaves and picots. Go through the
      > biblography at the end of the TI article. Most of those books wil
      > serve you well.
      > Giovanna

      I think that's the book my darling brought me back from Pennsic. The
      lace patterns look quite challenging. I need to start with some
      simplier stuff. After I finish all the other projects I've started...

      Abigail/Morwenna
    • andrea@gideonfamily.org
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 2, 2001
        > >The Pennsic bobbin lace teacher is a friend of mine and a great
        > >teacher. She is also teaching blackwork this year.
        >
        > Who is teaching? : )

        Roxanne Greenstreet. She is apprenticed to Mistress Francesca la
        Curiosa, who is head of the Atlantian Lacemakers' Guild and who has
        taught the Pennsic bobbin lace classes in the past.

        > There is a gathering??? Please tell me more!
        Thursday, 6pm in A&S6 (I think)
        Giovanna