Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: cloth of gold

  • zisaac
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
      >Found it! See Agnes Geijer, A History of Textile Arts, p11-13.
      >Discusses the making of gold thread w/ variations.
      >
      >Cassandra

      wow!

      Thank you!

      I have a list of books I am going to get at the library this weekend.
      Thank you all!

      I love the golden gown of Queen Margaret...so amazing.

      a small question on the known world arts and science event....
      is it always in the same place every year or does it move?

      I would love to go someday...

      I would love to go to Seattle! But I am buying a dining table instead.

      ^_^

      Ysabella
    • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001

        > I have a list of books I am going to get at the library this
        weekend.
        > Thank you all!

        Do have fun. but beware it can lead to complusive disorders in which
        your hands are never happy unless they are working on something.

        > I love the golden gown of Queen Margaret...so amazing.
        >

        > a small question on the known world arts and science event....
        > is it always in the same place every year or does it move?

        If I recall bids are placed for the location. I think they are
        currently looking for the 2002 sight. I hope sometime it's closer
        then a 20 hours drive or 5 hour plane trip.

        - Brynn
      • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
          At 02:25 PM 8/1/2001 -0400, you wrote:
          a small question on the known world arts and science event....
          is it always in the same place every year or does it move?

          This is the first one ever.

          Things that get billed as Known World events usually move greatly.

          Smiles,
          Despina

        • zisaac
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001

            >Do have fun. but beware it can lead to complusive disorders in which
            >your hands are never happy unless they are working on something.

            LOL!

            I think that has started already.

            I will do embroidery while watching movies!

            >If I recall bids are placed for the location. I think they are
            >currently looking for the 2002 sight. I hope sometime it's closer
            >then a 20 hours drive or 5 hour plane trip.

            Oh I see, that does make sense.
            It was just the first I had heard of it and after drooling over the class
            list for awhile, I realized that I would really love to attend.
            However as you said the five hour plane trip at roughly $1000.00 a ticket
            is too much right now.

            Even if I do adore Seattle and would love to visit the city again.

            Ysabella
          • ladymorwenna@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
              > >a small question on the known world arts and science event....
              > >is it always in the same place every year or does it move?
              >
              > This is the first one ever.

              If you are speaking of the Known World Arts and Sciences Symposium,
              Carolingia hosted in 1997.

              > Things that get billed as Known World events usually move greatly.
              >
              > Smiles,
              > Despina

              Yes, they do. Eventually one will show up in a kingdom near you. At
              last count, the Known World Symposia have been for Arts & Sciences,
              Dance, Heraldic, and Rapier. Did I miss any?

              Abigail/Morwenna
            • Sheri Nielsen
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
                > Yes, they do. Eventually one will show up in a kingdom near you. At
                > last count, the Known World Symposia have been for Arts & Sciences,
                Dance, Heraldic, and Rapier. Did I miss any?

                Costuming.

                Megge
              • zisaac
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001

                  >If you are speaking of the Known World Arts and Sciences Symposium,
                  >Carolingia hosted in 1997.

                  yes that is what I was speaking of.

                  Ysabella
                • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 2, 2001
                    Yes, they do. Eventually one will show up in a kingdom near you. At
                    last count, the Known World Symposia have been for Arts & Sciences,
                    Dance, Heraldic, and Rapier. Did I miss any?

                    Costuming - held last October and they're in the throes of choosing a place for the next one right now.

                    Smiles,
                    Despina