Re: blackwork?/punta in aria

  • andrea@gideonfamily.org
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2001
      > It wasn't very difficult at all. I had some problems keeping tension
      > on some of the brides, but once I washed and starched it I was
      pretty
      > pleased. Now I want more!!
      >
      > Abigail/Morwenna

      For period patterns, get a copy of Vinciolo's Renaissance Patterns for
      Lace, Embroidery and Needlepoint. It may be out of print, but I got a
      copy through one of Barnesandnoble.com's bookfinders. There is no
      technique taught in the book, so you'll need to get some modern books
      to learn things like leaves and picots. Go through the biblography at
      the end of the TI article. Most of those books wil serve you well.
      Giovanna
    • andrea@gideonfamily.org
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 2, 2001
        > >The Pennsic bobbin lace teacher is a friend of mine and a great
        > >teacher. She is also teaching blackwork this year.
        >
        > Who is teaching? : )

        Roxanne Greenstreet. She is apprenticed to Mistress Francesca la
        Curiosa, who is head of the Atlantian Lacemakers' Guild and who has
        taught the Pennsic bobbin lace classes in the past.

        > There is a gathering??? Please tell me more!
        Thursday, 6pm in A&S6 (I think)
        Giovanna