TI was: blackwork?/punta in aria

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 8:59 AM
      At 10:22 AM 8/1/2001 -0500, you wrote:
      Oky, I'm probably going to sound stupid here, but I'm used to that  :-)
      What is T.I.?

      Norma, a newbie lurker

      Tournaments Illuminated.  It is the arts and sciences publication put out by the SCA every quarter.  Usually has very informative articles in it.

      So now that you've de lurked, spill.  Uh, I mean, Tell us more about yourself.  Please?

      Smiles,
      Despina

    • Hamlet, Norma
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 9:37 AM
        Hmmm...I'm probably the worst at telling about myself, but I'll try.  I've been trying to get into the SCA for the last 6 years but something always stopped me, but now I can do it no problem!  I'm in the Shire of Robxbury Mill in the Kingdom of Atlantia and I've met a few in my Shire though I haven't been to any meetings yet.  My fiancĂ© is also joining with me.  He's chosen to have a Persian Persona (oddly enough he is full-blooded Persian by birth as well).  I haven't chosen mine yet, though I know it'll have to be a country where Islam was widely accepted and practiced...and I'd like to be able to wear dresses as well as the coats and skirts on Persia (since I'll be married to him I get to filch his style as well..gotta love it).  I'm obsessed with anything that I can do with my hands, literally obsessed.  I can't even watch TV without having my hands do something...a cure at sometimes.  Hmmm...like I said, I'm not the greatest at this.  I guess that's all I can think of at the moment.  Anything specific I can answer for anyone about me??

        Norma

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1 10:58 AM
          --- "Hamlet, Norma" <Norma.hamlet@...> wrote:
          > I haven't chosen mine yet, though I know it'll have
          > to be a country where Islam was widely accepted and
          > practiced.
          Norma, if you find a period and culture that appeals
          to you, go for it. Nobody says that you and your
          husband HAVE to have personae that could've met and
          married in period. It's perfectly acceptable for you
          to be from different places and have gotten together
          in the Kingdom of Atlantia. On the other hand, if you
          WANT to do the same period Persian or culture that had
          connections with Persia, go for that.

          My persona is based in 13th century Norman England,
          however, I have garb that spans a number of centuries.
          (Only the Japanese clothing, however, made people
          start suggesting I take a Japanese name....)
          One of the nice things about the SCA is that you CAN
          explore if you want to, rather than limiting yourself
          to a single time/place. Think of it as a smorgasbord:
          you can sample tastes of different dishes, then go
          back for seconds on the ones that you really like.

          Jehanne de Wodeford, Rusted Woodlands (EAST)

          =====
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • andrea@gideonfamily.org
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1 11:00 AM
            I'm in the Shire of Robxbury
            > Mill in the Kingdom of Atlantia and I've met a few in my Shire
            though I
            > haven't been to any meetings yet.
            >

            > Norma

            Welcome, Norma! I'm the outgoing chatelaine for Roxbury Mill. My
            replacement is taking over after Pennsic, but I'd be happy to help in
            any way I can. Please feel free to e-mail me if you need anything.

            Giovanna
            andrea@...
          • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1 12:38 PM
              Watch the bright shiney object....."Come to the SCA side Norma, Come
              to the SCA"
              I completely understand the "have to have something to do with my
              hands" problem. I am the same way that's way the embroidery and lace
              compulsions. The only time i really get the "WATCH" a movie is when I
              go to the theater to see it. It's just too dark to stitch anything.
              Keep us posted on your work on Persian and if you come across any
              good sources please share.
              - Brynn

              --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Hamlet, Norma" <Norma.hamlet@e...> wrote:
              > Hmmm...I'm probably the worst at telling about myself, but I'll
              try. I've
              > been trying to get into the SCA for the last 6 years but something
              always
              > stopped me, but now I can do it no problem! I'm in the Shire of
              Robxbury
              > Mill in the Kingdom of Atlantia and I've met a few in my Shire
              though I
              > haven't been to any meetings yet. My fiancé is also joining with
              me. He's
              > chosen to have a Persian Persona (oddly enough he is full-blooded
              Persian by
              > birth as well). I haven't chosen mine yet, though I know it'll
              have to be a
              > country where Islam was widely accepted and practiced...and I'd
              like to be
              > able to wear dresses as well as the coats and skirts on Persia
              (since I'll
              > be married to him I get to filch his style as well..gotta love
              it). I'm
              > obsessed with anything that I can do with my hands, literally
              obsessed. I
              > can't even watch TV without having my hands do something...a cure at
              > sometimes. Hmmm...like I said, I'm not the greatest at this. I
              guess
              > that's all I can think of at the moment. Anything specific I can
              answer for
              > anyone about me??
              >
              > Norma

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=210156.1528659.3092253.1456767/D=egroupweb/S=17
              057675

              03:HM/A=734384/R=0/*https://www.joinhistorybookclub.com/mybookclub/his
              tory/b
              > ookclubs/hbc/JoinFast/c2/c2_coupon.htm/?src=015_02_hf_273_487_2687>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=210156.1528659.3092253.1456767/D=egr
              oupmai

            • rowengr@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1 2:30 PM
                --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., s_krasley@r... wrote:
                > The only time i really get the "WATCH" a movie is when I
                > go to the theater to see it. It's just too dark to stitch anything.

                Oh, I dunno - my mother used to do pattern knitting in the theatre
                while watching a movie... ;)

                Rowen
              • zisaac
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 1 4:42 PM
                  >> The only time i really get the "WATCH" a movie is when I
                  >> go to the theater to see it. It's just too dark to stitch anything.

                  it is usually done with movies I have seen a thousand times...such as the
                  A&E version of
                  "Pride and Prejudice"
                  I listen and I can see what is going on in my head, I will look up from
                  time to time

                  ^_^

                  Ysabella