Re: blackwork?/punta in aria

  • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2001
      I learned the basic form in a 1 hour class, the teacher was really
      nice to have copied pages from "The Technique of Teneriffe Lace" by
      Alexandra Stillwell and later the teacher sent me additional pages on
      more patterns. If you can weave a thread under and over you can do
      Teneriffe. But beware I can't really say it's in period for SCA.
      Athena's Thimble lists it as one of the needlelace forms so it's the
      main reason I did it. I think I will spend more time doing cut work
      and bobbin lace which I can document. Heck I've got patterns from
      1557 that I'm wanting to try, but I'd better learn to walk before I
      try some insanity. Oh and here is the best part. Some of the patterns
      they have the extant lace piece for or nearly identical patterns
      shown on a portrait. Oh don't you just love when that happens?
      - Brynn

      > > What books on-line? I'm still trying to find out what it
      > > is exactly...
      > >
      > > Pretty please!?!!
      > >

      > > Marianne
      > >

      > How hard was it to learn? I was thinking of learning
      > needlelace, punta in aria and all that jazz
      >
      > Catalina

      Messenger
    • andrea@gideonfamily.org
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 2, 2001
        > >The Pennsic bobbin lace teacher is a friend of mine and a great
        > >teacher. She is also teaching blackwork this year.
        >
        > Who is teaching? : )

        Roxanne Greenstreet. She is apprenticed to Mistress Francesca la
        Curiosa, who is head of the Atlantian Lacemakers' Guild and who has
        taught the Pennsic bobbin lace classes in the past.

        > There is a gathering??? Please tell me more!
        Thursday, 6pm in A&S6 (I think)
        Giovanna