Re: blackwork?

  • andrea@gideonfamily.org
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2001

      > Or worse Compulsive Lace Disorder,

      Tell me about it! I started doing bobbin lace about a year ago. I
      now have three pillows, each with a different project, and only one of
      them is for SCA use.

      > And yes since it was brought up, I won the needlelace and smocking
      > catagories. Now for all you authenticity buffs, the needlelace form
      > was teneriffe, not exactly in period but it's on the Thimbles list
      so
      > it counts.
      I've recenetly learned how to do reticella and punta in aria. What is
      teneriffe? I've seen the books on-line, but didn't know if it was
      period.

      However I intend to panel for the form with recicella and
      > Bobbin lace, which are in period, well as soon as I do them. Think
      > maybe I'll take a class at Pennsic then read the book.

      The Pennsic bobbin lace teacher is a friend of mine and a great
      teacher. She is also teaching blackwork this year.

      Will you be at the Pennsic Lacemaker's Gathering?
      Giovanna
    • andrea@gideonfamily.org
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 2, 2001
        > >The Pennsic bobbin lace teacher is a friend of mine and a great
        > >teacher. She is also teaching blackwork this year.
        >
        > Who is teaching? : )

        Roxanne Greenstreet. She is apprenticed to Mistress Francesca la
        Curiosa, who is head of the Atlantian Lacemakers' Guild and who has
        taught the Pennsic bobbin lace classes in the past.

        > There is a gathering??? Please tell me more!
        Thursday, 6pm in A&S6 (I think)
        Giovanna