Re: [Authentic_SCA] Fwd: Need ride to Pennsic

  • Jeanne Harney
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 11:45 PM
      From: "zisaac" <zisaac@...>
      > >If anyone is from
      > >near Toledo, I can probably fit one or maybe 2 people...
      > >
      > >Jeanne
      >

      > Oh Jeanne!
      >
      > I am so sorry to hear you are driving by yourself.
      > If we were going I would hitch a ride with you, but sadly we are not
      > this year.

      No biggie. I was a bit freaked because I hadn't driven more than an hour or
      two alone since my fibromyalgia diagnosis, but I sat myself down before
      Ealdormere's Coronation and said "Self, if you can drive 2 hours, then you
      can drive 2 hours and take a break, and another 2 hours, etc."
      I thought that was pretty logical, and I did the 5 1/2 hours to Hamilton ON
      without any problems, and even drove straight thru on the way home. Pennsic
      is just under 4 hours, and the only thing I'm worried about at all is the
      trailer. I haven't pulled a trailer in about 15 years, but the only part of
      it I'm concerned about is going backwards, and I sat myself down and had yet
      another conversation with myself, proving that nobody can MAKE me go
      backwards if I don't want to. After all, rest areas have pull through
      parking, and once I get to the campground, my House has half a dozen guys
      who drive stuff like that all the time, so I can just make THEM drive the
      darn thing to E-18.
      Besides, I have my Household trained. The magic phrase is "I need a man"
      whenever anything needs lifted or carried. One shows up immediately and
      does whatever. They understand that in their words "I'm broken" and they
      don't eat if I do too much. Men in my House understand that food is a
      priority for them.

      > drive safely!

      I intend to! I'm also going to enjoy spending a whole week with my daughter,
      and 2 weeks with a lot of my friends...

      Jeanne