Fwd: Need ride to Pennsic

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 9:15 AM
      One of these people is close to you, Jeanne.  Don't know if you have room in your transportation but it would give you a buddy.

      Smiles,
      Despina

      http://images.pennsic.net/cgi-bin/mb/mb.cgi?cmd=list&topic=riders

      This web page has a list of people looking for/ offering rides to  pennsic.
    • Jeanne Harney
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31 4:41 PM
        Unfortunately, the only one who is close to me is around 2 hours away...I
        just bought a war-wagon too. HUGE '88 Dodge Ram Van. Did I mention HUGE?
        And I'm pulling a 12 foot trailer with my Household's stuff in it, and it's
        just going to be me and my CD player all the way there. If anyone is from
        near Toledo, I can probably fit one or maybe 2 people...

        Jeanne

        > One of these people is close to you, Jeanne. Don't know if you have room
        > in your transportation but it would give you a buddy.
        >
        > Smiles,
        > Despina
        >

        ><http://images.pennsic.net/cgi-bin/mb/mb.cgi?cmd=list&topic=riders>http://i
        mages.pennsic.net/cgi-bin/mb/mb.cgi?cmd=list&topic=riders

        > >This web page has a list of people looking for/ offering rides to
        pennsic.

      • zisaac
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31 8:02 PM
          >If anyone is from
          >near Toledo, I can probably fit one or maybe 2 people...
          >
          >Jeanne

          Oh Jeanne!

          I am so sorry to hear you are driving by yourself.
          If we were going I would hitch a ride with you, but sadly we are not
          this year.

          drive safely!

          Ysabella
        • Jeanne Harney
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31 11:45 PM
            From: "zisaac" <zisaac@...>
            > >If anyone is from
            > >near Toledo, I can probably fit one or maybe 2 people...
            > >
            > >Jeanne
            >

            > Oh Jeanne!
            >
            > I am so sorry to hear you are driving by yourself.
            > If we were going I would hitch a ride with you, but sadly we are not
            > this year.

            No biggie. I was a bit freaked because I hadn't driven more than an hour or
            two alone since my fibromyalgia diagnosis, but I sat myself down before
            Ealdormere's Coronation and said "Self, if you can drive 2 hours, then you
            can drive 2 hours and take a break, and another 2 hours, etc."
            I thought that was pretty logical, and I did the 5 1/2 hours to Hamilton ON
            without any problems, and even drove straight thru on the way home. Pennsic
            is just under 4 hours, and the only thing I'm worried about at all is the
            trailer. I haven't pulled a trailer in about 15 years, but the only part of
            it I'm concerned about is going backwards, and I sat myself down and had yet
            another conversation with myself, proving that nobody can MAKE me go
            backwards if I don't want to. After all, rest areas have pull through
            parking, and once I get to the campground, my House has half a dozen guys
            who drive stuff like that all the time, so I can just make THEM drive the
            darn thing to E-18.
            Besides, I have my Household trained. The magic phrase is "I need a man"
            whenever anything needs lifted or carried. One shows up immediately and
            does whatever. They understand that in their words "I'm broken" and they
            don't eat if I do too much. Men in my House understand that food is a
            priority for them.

            > drive safely!

            I intend to! I'm also going to enjoy spending a whole week with my daughter,
            and 2 weeks with a lot of my friends...

            Jeanne