Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Forays into Authenticity

  • zisaac
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2001
      >Tact aside, I though it quite becoming, and certainly extremely period.
      >If any of the ladies of my household had enough hair to do something of
      >the like, I'd highly recommend it to them....

      speaking of this hairstyle (and other of the time period)
      did you learn the style by trial and error or did you find nice
      instructions

      ^_^

      Ysabella who has enough hair
    • wodeford@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 31, 2001
        --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Lisa" <skyecat@h...> wrote:
        > How easy is the psaltery to play, out of curiousity? I've seen the
        > pic on Kass' website, but really know nothing more about them...

        Very simple. Mine is two octaves in the key of C with no sharps or
        flats (think piano with no black keys). It is possible to pick out a
        melody and/or play simple chords.

        From their numerous appearances in medieval art, I'd guess they were
        fairly popular.

        If you've ever seen those little trapezoidal "Melody Maker" ones at
        toy stores, they'll do the job. Mine was built from a kit for under
        $70 from www.musikits.com with minimal woodworking skills.

        Jehanne
      • wodeford@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 31, 2001
          --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., zisaac <zisaac@f...> wrote:
          > speaking of this hairstyle (and other of the time period)
          > did you learn the style by trial and error or did you find nice
          > instructions

          Well, a friend said, "Want me to do your hair?" and I said OK, so she
          parted my hair, braided both sides and then went to town with lots of
          hairpins. I suspect having someone do this for you is the best way to
          achieve symmetrical results.

          Jehanne
        • zisaac
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 31, 2001
            >Well, a friend said, "Want me to do your hair?" and I said OK, so she
            >parted my hair, braided both sides and then went to town with lots of
            >hairpins. I suspect having someone do this for you is the best way to
            >achieve symmetrical results.

            LOL!

            Sounds like a plan to me.

            I once did had a nice little hairstyle that was decorated with my old
            rhinstone wedding shoe clips.
            it worked.

            ^_^

            Ysabella...tries weird things